ReSuLtS?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing!!!
default_laugh.png

I spoke to someone at the show and that person said the driving classes had many people upset because...again...they were using the horses that should have been in single pleasure or roadster, to win the country pleasure. At the time I spoke to the person, AOTE had not happened yet, so I am interested in what they are using in that.

I am just repeating what I was told by someone there that is in the know, so don't flame me! (Sounds like I am a little gun shy!)

That is what I am hearing too! Bummer. I want to see results though. Wish they would put them up.

That is too bad to hear. I would think if a horse is obviously single that it should be put in the appropriate class. I know though that I have one driving mare that when I show her most people say that she is country, however I have had a few people ask why she is not in single. She has only been driving for one year though so as she develops that could change.

[SIZE=12pt]What is the difference between single and country for someone who is completely clueless to driving.[/SIZE]

I was there this morning for the "Liberty" class and it was fantastic even tho it's probably not one of the important classes.

Judy

Honestly there were horses that should have been in country pleasure in Single Pleasure and visa versa. Then of the winning horses you could not tell the difference between country or single pleasure. Just what I saw. I didn't have the $$$ to show so I am being objective. I really didn't care who won. I didn't write down any results. I just went to further my education. I am begining to understand what makes a winner in Liberty. But, also, the horses that were actually country pleasure horses didn't win their class. Single Pleasure horses did.

Single has a lot more 'action' that Country. Why would they even enter a Country class? Judges need to really know the rules and what to look for in each of these classes and quit awarding the big action horses ribbons in Country. This is why they created the Country class in the first place, so they didnt have to compete with these!!

Single has a lot more 'action' that Country. Why would they even enter a Country class? Judges need to really know the rules and what to look for in each of these classes and quit awarding the big action horses ribbons in Country. This is why they created the Country class in the first place, so they didnt have to compete with these!!
Because people have a mediocre Pleasure horse and say "Meh, I'll just show it as a Country horse"

It happened in Arabians 30 years ago and they never found a solution. They introduced "Country Pleasure" for horses who didn't have enough animation to enter English. Worked out great for a year or two. Then the exact same thing started happening- mediocre English horses started moving down to Country, and within a couple of years /shrug

Now you've got Country horses who go like English horses, English horses go like Park horses and there are next to no purebred Park horses. And the actual Country horses? They're now in Hunter Pleasure, and the hunter horses are in Western tack (okay, I'm exagerating a bit, but you get the idea)

I guarantee you in a few years Western Pleasure/Classic Pleasure will be swarmed with Country Pleasure horses who got squeezed out by the Single Pleasure horses.

Latest posts

Back