Can you buy a teeter totter?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostandFound

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to try one with my girl, but I'm not capable of building one. I saw a really neat metal one at the show and I figure they must buy them from somewhere. Any ideas?

@LostandFound, if you build it, it IS a real one!

When I built my own, I found I needed to place some strips of carpet on the plywood to help prevent slipping. Only about 2" wide, and 6-8 per 8' long sheet.
If you build it, it might be a real one....If I build it, it will be a vet bill. And maybe a trip to the er for me besides. I have just enough carpentry ability to be able to hammer a loose nail back in. Maybe.

Well, I finally gave up and just borrowed a pallet to put on a pole. It was horribly dull and uneventful, and not really worth the effort of finding a pallet. So I either need more teeter in my totter or to move on to something more exciting. I did decide to try ground driving her, unfortunately my bridle is not going to fit her until she gets wooly for the winter.

Well, I guess it's good, but I really expected fireworks. Or at least a challenge. We have messed around with the halter already, and I have had her harnessed and pulling poles. Just need a "real" bridle to get her used to the blinders and prevent her from putting her little head down and munching grass. There are some inexpensive ones out there it's just not in the budget for a bit.

Well, I guess it's good, but I really expected fireworks. Or at least a challenge. We have messed around with the halter already, and I have had her harnessed and pulling poles. Just need a "real" bridle to get her used to the blinders and prevent her from putting her little head down and munching grass. There are some inexpensive ones out there it's just not in the budget for a bit.
You don't need a driving bridle with blinders to get started. A simple headstall with a well fitting bit is all you need.

Latest posts

Back