Remember when we all posted pretty snow pics?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhpminis

Reaction score
Otis Orchards, Washington (just east of Spokane)
I know this is normal for some of you. Even though we live in the NW, we usually have quite mild winters, maybe getting 6 inches of snow at any given time that stays on the ground.

Not this year, I heard this morning that we have had a total of almost 100 inches fall in our area. Of course it melts a bit and then snows again so we never have that much at one time. Right now we have at least 2 maybe 2.5 feet on the ground.

Here are a few pictures. The first is the driveway that we no longer can plow but have to scoop with the tractor bucket as the burms are too high now.

lildriveway.jpg

The second is the back corral that we have had to plow, never before have we had to do this but we cannot get the horses out of the barn unless we do.

lilBack%20corral.jpg

This one is the path that we had to plow so the horses could get around. The snow is so deep that they just stand and dont move when they get out.

lilHorse%20path.jpg

I am officially boycotting winter now and want spring. Any body want to join me in the Caribbean?

YES, I WILL BE GLAD TO JOIN YOU!!!!!!!! I am sick of it here in Maine too! We've had a couple of days this week that weren't terrible, but I gotta say, I AM SICK OF IT!!! When are we leaving?? lol

Hey Jodi, how about tomorrow? I'll pick you up.

Can't take it any more and there is still ALOT of

winter left. :Cold-Scared

Annette, looks like you guys are buried out there.

Hope you've gotten all the snow you're going to get!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yucko. Looks like heavy wet snow! I hate that kind. I just want to make sure that you aren't putting those piles close to the fence. You may think the horses won't climb the snow hills but I had one do that just last year and she went over the fence in the dark and got hit and killed on the road. I am totally freaked about snow banks now. Just a caution. Sorry you are so snowed in.

I know the feeling Annette. I haven't been able to get out and work the horses all week. I do work the yearlings in the center of the barn but thats all. Its been wet here too but my complant is we have had more wind than normal. We lost one run in shed that went down. I'm with ya on the boycott!!

No the piles are a good distance from the fence line, at least the exterior lines.

Bill, we missed you at the meeting last weekend. I know the weather kept a lot away. It was the worst drive home I think we have ever had. We were down to 20-25 miles an hour in some spots. It was snowing so hard the plows could not keep the roads cleared. Of course we had a horse trailer on the back.

The day we came home it dumped 14 inches overnight and through the day. Last night was 7 more and in between we are getting 2-3 inches each day. Now it is warming and turning into heavy sludge.

I need a pair of ruby slippers that I can click together and get out of here!

I'm sorry to complain, I know so many others have it way worse than we do.

My son's girlfriend works for the Visitor & Convention Bureau in Spokane.

She said Gov. Gregoire visited this afternoon was was to speak at 2:30. Se has declared the area a State of Emergency because of all the snow.

HAHA, funny as we have always sort of bragged about the fact that we truly have no natural disasters here. No tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, etc. We're pretty quiet folk normally.

I think the main thing is we cant keep the roads clear and we have several areas that the state highways are even closed.

Count me in;

Im packing my suitcase as we speak
default_smile.png

Your snow looks better then mine when your done your paddock can you come and do mine
default_laugh.png
l only have a shovel and been at it for 3 days now digging out a stallions fence..l am so tired and that dreaded wind is picking up again..

firstpaddock.jpg

I'm soooooooooooo ready to go on Vacation too. Isn't this something !!!! I thought about you guys coming home from the meeting and was hoping that your trip was going to be OK. Glad that you made it home safe and sound.

More snow is on it's way .... stay warm !!!!

Deb

OK - I have to admit it -- I just got back from a cruise in the Carribean - it is beautiful - but comming home to the wet, icky snow that we have here was a cold slap of reality.

All those packing to go be sure to take the main things you need in an overnight bag that you carry on -- the airline lost our luggage and we didn't get it back until we were almost back in homeport! Never again will I pack everything in a checked bag!

Hang in there Annette - Phil is due to peak out in a couple of days and with any luck Spring will be right around the corner - GOOOOOOO PHILLLLLL (my close friends all know that I have a "thing" for GroundHog's Day)
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Hugs!

Stac

Oh my Deb, I cannot complain compared to you. At least we have power and running water. If I had to haul water for these 25 horses, I would do it but the whine or should I say wine factor would be really high.

Just went to a wonderful restaurant with my brother, sister in law and our daughter and her husband. Somehow life seems better.

Oh and Stac, since you have an in, tell that little guy he better do it right! I'll make sure sure and pack the Tequila in my carry on! LOL

Looking at all that cold snow makes me even more happy that I move to NC almost 2 years ago from CT!

But, I am hoping for alot of rain here to end our drought.

I sincerely hope spring breaks soon for all of you in the colder climates.

el

Hey Ellen- I am in CT and it is raining here right now - on top of the snow - and then it will freeze to make a nasty crust. Nope, it isn't pretty here any more either. But I do have a rare ski trip planned!

I WOULD DIE!

MY HORSES WOULD DIE!

EVEN MY PUPPY WOULD DIE!

YALLZES GOTTA MOVE SOUTH

Winter just plain sucks! My snow is gone but was replaced by tons of mud. It sleeted, froze and rained ALL DAY today and 1/3 of my property is under water and there are private lakes in each paddock. Tomorrow the creek will recede, it will get warmer and I'll have even MORE MUD!! I want to go with you if I can take my minis with me-boy do they need a vacation!
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back