Registration ASPC to AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyluvsminis

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new on this forum! Normally hang out with the miniature horses and donkeys, but Thank God for all kinds of four leggers!

I am purchasing a AMHR mare who is in foal to a Shetland stallion. Both were sold at a big dispersal sale last fall, and at that time the stallion did not have AMHR papers. The new buyer said he would register the stallion AMHR, but we are having some trouble tracking him down. If the stallion doesn't have AMHR papers, how do I get them for this baby? I was told at 3 years, I could hardship baby in--is this true and how much does it cost? The mare (37) is a black & white pinto, appears to be homozegous, and the stallion (38) is a black/white frame overo! Thanks, Wendy

Hi Wendy,

This stallion has to be double registered ASPC/AMHR in order for the foal to obtain their AMHR papers. If the stallion can't get the AMHR papers, the only thing that you can do is register the foal with the NSPR division of the ASPC/AMHR. The foal would have to be DNA'd and there is no halter classes for this division as it's only a performance division (see your rulebook).

Karen

Hi Wendy,
This stallion has to be double registered ASPC/AMHR in order for the foal to obtain their AMHR papers. If the stallion can't get the AMHR papers, the only thing that you can do is register the foal with the NSPR division of the ASPC/AMHR. The foal would have to be DNA'd and there is no halter classes for this division as it's only a performance division (see your rulebook).

Karen

Thanks, Karen. Hopefully the new owner will register him. He is 38 inches. I already have someone who wants to buy this baby, papers or no papers, but it would be real nice to have the AMHR. These folks want the baby as a driver, and to have a foal from his sire. The stallion is named Jesse James by J-J's Painted Apache. I have a little 30.5 inche stallion, and I am so tempted to keep breeding her to bigger stallions to get the height for good drivers. Maybe we will end up with a driving team from her! I plan to have her trained to drive also!
default_rolleyes.gif

Shania_right_side_reg_pic.jpg

Is the darn only AMHR not ASPC?

If she is ASPC and sir eis ASPC therefore he carries ASPC papers; then yes as a 3 year old he can be hardshipped if he matures under 38"
default_smile.png

Is the darn only AMHR not ASPC?
If she is ASPC and sir eis ASPC therefore he carries ASPC papers; then yes as a 3 year old he can be hardshipped if he matures under 38"
default_smile.png
I think she is only ASHR.She is of miniature horse bloodlines. She came from a farm that had minis and shetlands. I don't know why they bred her to a Shetland, if she didn't have the ASPC paperwork?

Latest posts

Back