Record keeping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhpminis

Reaction score
Otis Orchards, Washington (just east of Spokane)
My friend that had the sick filly with Coccidia just brought a wonderful idea to me. She is a scrapbooker bar none and does absolutely beautiful work. She has made herself a calendar planner that is not only breathtaking but has all she needs to document all avenues of horse care and showing.

I told her that she should sell these to help offset her vet bills that she has incurred caring for this filly. Here are some pictures, would you feel that this was something she could sell and would it be a useful tool in your horse management?

This is the cover

debs%20cal%201.jpg

This is a page for important numbers and addresses as well as business cards

debs%20cal%202.jpg

These pages she made for her mare due with a spot left to insert a foals picture

debs%20cal%208.jpg
debs%20cal%207.jpg

This is a page she made with her intended National horses. Notice the calendar has show dates on it too

debs%20cal%205.jpg

This is her favorite page that kind of sums up the whole year and herd.

debs%20cal%204.jpg

Would any of you think this useful and if so what would you be willing to pay for such a thing. I am going to try to get her to put them on the sale board but she is hesitant so I am fishing here. It is an 8x8 format so easy to take along to shows and would double as a great conversation piece too. She could custom make them with your farm logo and colors or basically anything you would want.

Something like that could prove priceless to a weenie like me who is forever having to go through paperwork and dig through notebooks to see who is due to go permanent and who needs DNA etc. If there was a place where these things could get organized it would be great.

This could be a very good gift too.

I'll be a lot of Secret Santas out there would like them.

I am THE WORST at paperwork. I even work at getting better but show no improvement.

I think it is because I do sooooo much of it at work and is hard to come home and do yet even more!

I would be very interested, useful, may get me in gear, and it looks very nice.

I would LOVE one of these! I am always trying to think of a better way to haul my paperwork around and my ugly binder isn't my idea of "traveling material". I would be right in line to buy one!! If she doesn't want to list them on the saleboard, maybe she would like to email those of us that are interested??

I know I would LOVE to have one of those, I am not sure on a price though but it would be neat if she could customize not only the look of the book but the "type" of pages that she puts in them. For Example, I don't show so I would not need that but I would love a page for deworming schedule, shots, etc. You know what I mean? Let us know if she does decide to sell some!!

Jessica

Wow! She does do really nice work. That is beautiful.

I do something similar, although not nearly as nice looking. Each of my horses has it's own scrapbook. I keep registration, vet statements, and of course tons of pictures. I like the idea of adding calender pages. I also have an 'Operating Manual' with feeding and care instructions in a separate book, in the event that someone needs to come in and take over the place at a moments notice should we get the 'kidney call'.

A book as beautiful as the one she made is no doubt time consuming, as she should price them as such. I think it's a great, original idea, and I bet she can sell them with no problem.

Oh, I think they would sell very well; the quality is just very nice. I, too, would not want a show record page but a page for vet visits, reports, worming schedule, farrier visits, etc. A page on feeding program also could show what you feed, how often, how much and then when you changed feed and any noticible results.

An emergency contact page also with vet pager/cell and back up #'s.

I love to have one for each of my 2 minis.

I hope she's ready to get busy!!

:aktion033: count me in I would love one for my show horses.

I would like several of those. Since we have about 20 horses. Would like some for show horse and there records, Mares and info on due dates and stallions etc. Have her contact me and give me a idea on price and what type of pages. etc.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I agree, this is lovely work, especially the organizing format!

I have one scrapbook that has all my horses in it, with locks from their manes, show number cards, ribbons, photos, etc. I also have a file folder that has all the vet calls and statements listed in it, along with a chart showing their individual harness measurements and costume measurements.

I like the idea of adding calendar pages too, and I would LOVE to have an "Operating Manual" included like the one described below with feeds, rations, supplements, things to check, body condition scores, and so on.

It does strike me, though, that if your friend made ten of them by hand, she'd be getting pretty sick of doing them by then: have either of you considered getting her in touch with a publisher and seeing if she can design the forms to go inside, and just custom design the outsides of the binders with farm names and logos? You may have seen Family Tree albums at the chain bookstores that do this kind of thing, only without a custom cover.

In any case, I would sure love to have something like this for my little crew of ruffians: it would sure make figuring out next steps easy, and would be much easier to find a "babysitter" when I need one, too!! So I'd be up for buying at least one from her if she can really put up with making that many!

Leah M.

Wow! She does do really nice work. That is beautiful.

I do something similar, although not nearly as nice looking. Each of my horses has it's own scrapbook. I keep registration, vet statements, and of course tons of pictures. I like the idea of adding calender pages. I also have an 'Operating Manual' with feeding and care instructions in a separate book, in the event that someone needs to come in and take over the place at a moments notice should we get the 'kidney call'.

A book as beautiful as the one she made is no doubt time consuming, as she should price them as such. I think it's a great, original idea, and I bet she can sell them with no problem.

She is a lurker here on the forum and I told her how to PM you guys so hopefully she will figure it out and contact those who have showed interest.

I cant get her to post, I think she is shy...
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested too. Would we be able to pick the type of pages we want. Also could we have it done in our barn colors?

Latest posts

Back