Recomendations for first show halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVsOkapi

Reaction score
I am having a bit of trouble finding a halter :eek: that I think is a good begining show hlater for my yearling stud colt. I found some at Ozark Mt. but would like a plain cable halter with a thicker nose band and maybe some conchos
default_wub.png
:

anyone know where I can get a halter like that for not too much money?

am a college student and don't have a lot extra money :no: . thanks for any tips!

Last edited by a moderator:
Call Lisa at Ozark Mountain on the phone, and speak to HER

1 (888) 775 6446

Lisa has what you want. She will be very happy to help you and get your horse fitted right too.

Showtime tack has lovely halters--cable with silver/gold bar noses are $114. www.showtimetack.com

They aren't on the current website, but Showtime also makes gorgeous patent noseband halters--your choice of hooks or closed rings. The closed ring ones are $125.

Mini Express also sells the cable halters with silver/gold bar nosebands, and I think their prices are the lowest around. www.miniexpress.com

You can buy a new Victor halter for $95. If you take care of it, it will last years and years and years and is so classic, it will never go out of style. He has two styles for minis -- one is $95 and one is $105. I have several of each and they are my favorite halters

Hi Jill,

I've been on the Victor site, is he still making the halters, just not advertising them?

I know I bought a bunch a couple years ago when he quite making them and hadn't realized he was in production of the mini halters again. I do love those halters, and would love to get a few more.

Hi, Michelle --

I bought a bunch from him last year. I had inquired previously but he wasn't making mini ones at that time. However, he called me when he had time to make some more so I ordered some... and then some more! I would call him directly but soon because once he gets busy with the Arabian show season, he probably won't have time to do the mini halters.

Jill

Don't forget to take into consideration what will flatter your horses head. The horses head/halter, will be one of the first thing a judge sees when entering the ring. You also want to make sure that the color of your halter is flattering for the color of your horse
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back