Rearing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Kate, rearing is so dangerous for not only the owner, but also the horse as it could fall backwards and really hurt itself. A sharp smack on the belly would do as you say, make them think twice before exposing it to you again plus if you have to use physical discipline, doing it from "under" the horse doesnt make it fearful of you and they seem to understand they are being disciplined as its one of the ways horses discipline each other - by kicking, up and under :)

Even in miniatures although not the same as the dangers a 16.2hh would be, they can seriously hurt themselves and I too have seen some owners letting their horses get away with bad behaviour in the show ring, I`m surprised horses are not penalised for it??? Or maybe they are???

Temperament is most certainly a factor that's taken into consideration in the show ring. Although it depends on the class eg, riding ponies and ridden hunters it's very important. Minis are horses too and so many people promote them as suitable for children so of course it matters a lot.

Kate

Latest posts

Back