Questions about AMHR HOF??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An HOF takes 75 points and 5 Grands, if the classes have them (Halter, Driving).
default_smile.png

If it's a class that has a championship associated with it, such as open halter or open driving, then the horse will need 5 grand Championships or Stakes wins in addition to 70 HOF points to receive a HOF.

Example - a horse in Open senior Mare halter will need 70 HOF points PLUS 5 Grand Championship wins.

If there is not a championship associated, such as Liberty or jumping, the horse needs to get 70 points only, obviously since there are no championships for liberty.

Whoops, guess I added the 70 points needed with the grands, sorry for the wrong information.

Can someone explain the Youth Award of Excellence? I read about it in the rule book, but I'm still a little confused. How can you find out how many points the youth/amateur and horse combination has? Also, could anyone post the chart for how many hall of fame points a horse gets per placing by how many horses were in the class? Thanks so much!

Can someone explain the Youth Award of Excellence? I read about it in the rule book, but I'm still a little confused. How can you find out how many points the youth/amateur and horse combination has? Also, could anyone post the chart for how many hall of fame points a horse gets per placing by how many horses were in the class? Thanks so much!
Here you go.

Hall of Fame Point System

Halter and Performance Classes

No. of Horses in Class........Points For Placings

................................................1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th

1-3............................................1.....0

4-6............................................2 . 1 . 0

7-9............................................3 . 2 . 1 . 0

10-12.........................................4 . 3 . 2 . 1 . 0

13-15........................................5 . 4 . 3 . 2 . 1 . 0

over 15......................................6 . 5 . 4 . 3 . 2 . 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go.

Hall of Fame Point System

Halter and Performance Classes

No. of Horses in Class........Points For Placings

................................................1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th

1-3............................................1.....0

4-6............................................2 . 1 . 0

7-9............................................3 . 2 . 1 . 0

10-12.........................................4 . 3 . 2 . 1 . 0

13-15........................................5 . 4 . 3 . 2 . 1 . 0

over 15......................................6 . 5 . 4 . 3 . 2 . 1
Just to make it a little more confusing, the class that has the most competition for each show is the only one that you get HOF points for. So if you are in 3 classes and win all three, and one has 3 horses, one has 2, and one has 5, only the HOF points from the class with 5. BUT if there is a class where the number of horses means that you get more points even if you don't win, then that class is counted. So if you win a class with only 2 horses (1 point), but take 2nd in class of 12 (3 points), the points from the larger class will count.

Thanks so much Raine Ranch Minis. I knew it was in the rule book, but I figured one of y'all could probably find it quicker than I could.

Just to clarify--the chart above is for regular halter and performance classes. In addition to that, Secondary Champions in Hand earn 1 point (Junior/Senior Championship classes) The Grand Champion in Hand receives 3 points while the Reserve Grand Champion in Hand receives 1 point. There is the separate chart for the Performance Stake Classes--stake classes give more points than regular classes.

And don't forget that in order for the Grand or Stake Championships to count toward the required 5 Grands/Stakes, you must have competition. You can collect points even if your horse is the only one in the class, but those 5 Grands must have competition or they won't count.

Back