Question regarding stacking up...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Iceton

Reaction score
Can you show me pictures of what proper "stacking" looks like in a class? I see so many times horses stretched out pretty far, however I always thought that you were to have a straight line to be able to be drawn from cannon bone and bum....yet so many horses are stretched so does it matter? I know in the rule book there are pictures showing what is proper and what isnt. However what does everyone consider "stacking"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you showing in AMHR or AMHA shows there is a definite difference.
default_wacko.png

At AMHA shows you will see very little stretching. In fact a lot of judges will ask you to reset the horse if it is.

The horse is normally set up with the front legs set a tad bit in front of straight up and down and the rear legs slightly in front of a line straight down the rear rump of the horse. That way when you get the horse to stretch the neck thru the use of of bait or whatever it will rock slightly forward making everything line up as shown in the rule book. This frontal stretching is to acentuate the neck etc. and should be in an upward motion and then the head should break over the neck. The neck should not be vertical and stretched. This when done right is what is referred to as hooking up a horse among many of the trainers and takes a little practice.

At AMHR shows you will see a little more stretching as far as the back feet placement (a couple of inches makes a huge difference)and most AMHR judges are okay with this. The premise is the same though for both types of placement and you need to rock into the final position to get what you want.

I hope that helps if not email me and I will try to see what we can do to ex[lain it better.

The last couple years I have heard a lot of judges at amhr shows ask people to square their mini. I dont see the over stretching near as much in the last few years. Heres a pic of me showing in the championship mare class and I dont think any of them look stretched out. Excuse the pic you can see from my hair the wind was blowing like crazy. (I hate outdoor shows LOL)

teasechampionclass.jpg

Latest posts

Back