Question regarding AMHA health

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9mini2

Reaction score
I had surgery in late December and am just now finishing reading all the posts regarding IAMHA and AMHA.

I have a purely selfish question to ask? :bgrin

Is AMHA still strong and healthy and financially viable?

The reason I ask, Is I mentioned to my husband about the AMHA and this current issue and some of the past issues. I have a stud who I want to hardship as progeny of (his sire hardshipped in 06) My husband doesn't want me to spend the money to hardship this colt in AMHA until we see if is sinks or floats... We probably can't do it until spring anyway, but I am just wanting to answer his concern.

Just my 2 cents (and worth even less than that!):

EVERY company, firm, charity, group, club, order, etc., etc., has issues. With 12k members and TONS of horses registered is AMHA going anywhere anytime soon? I'd be very shocked if it was. Could it happen? I don't know, maybe. But I'm personally not worried about it and I don't think the majority of mini people are. Sure, there are improvements that could be made, but that's true in everything.

I'd say if it's best for your breeding program, and it's within your budget, then do it. If not, don't spend the money.

I wouldn't get too worked up about the things you've read.

I believe they are carrying on just fine, in fact know of several brand new members who have just recently joined! I would not worry either- they are not going any where!

I think it would be well worth the money to do it.

And I'm sorry, but it is that kind of "wait and see" attitude that will cause problems. How is an organization supposed to survive if no one will do business with them "just in case?"

I fully support AMHA, and they have been through a lot recently but are much better now than they were in the past. EVERY organization has issues. I could start in on what I think about a certain other registry, but I won't do that here.

I am a strong supporter of AMHA, and I will continue to give them my business.

Add me to the ranks that feels confident that AMHA is here to stay.

There's a LOT of dedication in this registry, and I feel very certain that my horses with AMHA registrations will always be more valuable for it.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back