Question on Turnout Sheet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
I got Cooper a Schneider's waterproof turnout sheet. He measures almost 42", and this sheet is supposed to be for 38" to 45", adjustable by the chestband.

Well, if I put the wither part where it's supposed to be, part of Cooper's rump..about 3 inches...sticks out. If I put it so it covers his rump, then his withers gets wet, and it runs down his back. The first one I got (they exchanged it) I thought was not waterproof; now I just think it's bad design.

Has anyone else had this problem? Cooper is not tall...about 33", and tho a chunk, I have a hard time seeing a longer mini (45" ) in one of these. Or am I doing something wrong? I have a Weatherbeater for my big mare, and it covers her withers, and I do not have this problem.

Thanks!

I had an adjustable blanket like this for Magic when he was little...they are not as good as they may seem. Weatherbeeta make blankets in small sizes, you would probably be better off finding one that is specific to his size and not adjustable. L

This is how all of the schneiders mini sheets and blankets have fit all of my horses, which is why I dont use them. I like the Supreme Equine Design and Kensington blankets.

default_no.gif
I am starting to think its harder fitting my minis in a blanket then me in a pair of jeans. Every blanket I own is a different brand. I have 2 that fit my donkey perfectly though ...Masta , and a no name brand. I think you just gotta try them all.They need a Horsey depatment store with demos, and extra large dressing rooms... that would be great.

Thanks! The Kensington and Supreme are way out of my price range. However, love that mini-treadmill ;) And I only want a rainproof sheet, not a blanket.

I was thinking of hitting the local fabric store and seeing if I could get some fabric to add to the butt end. Only need about 3 inches to make this fit! How frustrating! Seems like I am not the only one with fit problems.

Jackie

Check ebay and the sale board, I get them there cheap all the time. Usually about $10 more than the schneiders brand, and your better off to shell out the extra $10 than have a horse get blanket rubs or caught up in a blanket that does not fit right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back