Question for Drivers that show Pinto :-)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAS Hercules

Reaction score
I just bought an easy entry cart for my Mini, I assume it would be inappropriate for showing in breed shows, but am sure I had seen someone using one of these at Pinto shows.. my question is could I get away with using it ??? Or maybe adding a patent "boot" would make it more acceptable ???

Thanks for advice/opinions in advance :)

22e5_12.jpg

You could get away with that cart at a local show, but not world.

I am sure every Pinto show is different, but many people start out with an Easy Entry Cart. We did. This is also true at other local level shows (AMHA, AMHR). At our pinto shows, you will see a lot of ADS-style wooden wheel carts, some Grabers and Jeralds, and also easy entries. We have as many as 11 in our driving classes. Your cart would be fine. I like it!

That sure is a pretty cart! What is the make and where did you get it?

Heather,

I am seriously thinking of purchasing a similar cart from the same "seller". Have you gotten it yet? Are you pleased with it's quality? I want the version with the motorcycle wheels/tires. I thought the motorcycle wheels/tires would be more durable and not go flat as quickly or as often as the bicycle wheels/tires.

A friend is looking for a cart just like that where did you get it? Thanks, TJ

is there such a thing as a boot to add on to an easy entry cart?

Robin

What size are the motercycle tires. The only cart I found with the motercycle tires they were only 16" tires. That dealer was in Sacramento, CA.

Your cart looks similar to the one I just bought . Mine is a Frontier wooden floor easy entry. Cost is about $ 45 more than their standard all metal cart. The boards on the dash area look narrower on my new Frontier . I got the black/tan seat and have gotten black plastic covers for the shaft ends to replace the white ones that came with the cart.

I would not be ashamed to use this cart in local shows and even training level CDEs.

Have fun driving .

Elizabeth

Can you tell me where to get the rubber or plastic BLACK tips for the ends of the shafts on a metal ez entry cart please?

Thanks,

Robin

Robin,

Sometimes Wal-Mart has non-skid chair tips in both black and white. They are meant to keep your kitchen chairs from scratching your kitchen floor. If you buy the correct size, they usually fit perfectly over the end of the circular (not the square) metal tubing of the easy entry cart shafts.

Is there such a thing as a boot to add on to an easy entry cart?Robin
I am going to attempt to make my own boot out of a strong, patent leather-like vinyl material that I found in the Wal-Mart fabric section using the vinyl boot on my show cart as a guide. I am handy with a sewing machine and/or a needle and thread and I am confident that I can make a boot for my easy entry cart that looks just like the boot on my show cart.

I wonder if you could do other modifications to a cart like this to make it look like a show cart? You could remove that back rest (the back rest on my cob size easy entry cart detaches), attach a boot, etc. Wouldn't it just be a matter of getting a matching metal bar to go from the outside of the wheels to the side of the shafts to make it a closed wheel cart as well?

What size are the motercycle tires. The only cart I found with the motercycle tires they were only 16" tires. That dealer was in Sacramento, CA.
I decided to order mine without the motorcycle wheels and tires, I was afraid they would be too small (short) and too heavy. I still think it's a neat idea and I may order the motorcycle wheels and tires later to experiment with.

Annabellarose,

If you make a patent boot, would you please post photos?

I can't sew a straight line, but some people are talented in that direction.

I'd like to see what you come up with.

A while back, someone wrote about "Pimp my Cart" and some people came up with neat ideas.

I certainly will! The cart is on it's way (it is supposed to be here Wednesday) and it will take me awhile to decided how to go about it, but it is something that I want to try. I think it will be a fun project! I do have a nice show cart, but I would like something less nice/less valuable to take to fun shows, local shows, and county fair shows and, maybe, if I can modify it and it looks really, really nice, a breed show or two to use and abuse before I break out my show cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for ALL THE RESPONSES !

I have been off the internet for awhile since I broke my darn USB Internet plug-in, I just bought a new one ( $275.00 OUCH ! ) anyway I'm back !

I did get the cart and am very happy with the quality, it was from ebay and the shipping was quick also :) Oh I also got a very nice harness on ebay too.

I also was thinking of trying to take the back-rest off and have a boot made so this could double as a show cart, I have to try and do everything on a budget !!! Especially since I show the "biggies" too :)

Latest posts

Back