Question about Preg. Mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrselady

Reaction score
I am sure some of you may remember this little mare that I have, Candy. Please no flames because she's not registered. We bought her in April and was told she was bred in March to a 31" stallion (who is reg.). To me she looks further along and should have it before then. If she is in fact due by his breeding date, is she to big? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

when we got her in April:

100_2241.jpg

in July:

S7300127.jpg

in Aug:

S7300632.jpg

in Sept:

S7300190-1.jpg

and now in Nov... these were taken tonight:

S7300306.jpg

S7300312.jpg

S7300311.jpg

S7300307.jpg

Thanks in advance!!!

Mendy

I would say based on the original pictures of when you got her that the breeding dates are probably correct. I have several mares due in the spring that are already huge. If you are worried then keep an eye on her -- she should bag up before she foals
default_smile.png

Good Luck with her.

If she were bred in March, she would be due in February and she could foal as early as January. So I would say she looks like that is about where she is! Good luck!
default_smile.png

Thanks so much for the info... I am a natural born worrier.. preg. mares do not help with that at all..
default_biggrin.png

She looks like she's doing fine to me. I love that stripe! Good luck with the foaling and the little one!

I agree with the others. She looks just about right! And I wanted to add that I think she has a very sweet face
default_wub.png

I agree she looks about right, but also wanted to let you know I have some photo pages on my website that show the signs of foaling, and it's very helpful to view them and see what the "books" talk about. Link to the webpages are below my signature.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back