Question about my jack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
Can I turn my jack out with a group of jennies, some bred, some not? Will he hurt or chase the bred ones? Some I don't know if they are bred.

I think it depends alot on how aggressive your jack is, if it where mine I would say take the bred ones out and turn him with the ones that are open..........if one is in heat it helps direct his attention to her and not to run them all. I tried last year and my jack ran a bred jenny, and I had to take her out. Didn't want to take chances he would run her so hard and make her lose the foal. So in my case with my horny jack,
default_wink.png
: I would take the bred jennies out........
default_yes.gif
: All depends on your jack though.

I had the same problem as Michele. My little hornb*ll will run the jennys till they just about drop :no: I would be afraid to let him in with a bred one. I think my new little guy (Casper) is going to be the same way~~ I put him in with one just to see what he would do and I'll be darn...ran her and ran her. They sure are some little Hor*y fellows. I also would not trust a jack with foals unless I was 150% sure about it, even the gentlest can become aggressive. Corinne

Latest posts

Back