Question about Equipage system

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wc minis

Reaction score
I just got a Equipage and this is my first time using it. I just put it on my mare yesterday and the battery for the transmitter was dead already today. Is this a common thing and I should stock up on 9 volts or did I just get a bad battery? Wondering how long everyone elses batteries last? Thanks
default_smile.png

The battery shouldn't die that quick! I normally use one battery through several mares just depending on how many nights they have it on. I prefer Duracell batteries, but other brands should last.

I also use Duracell and my batteries will last all summer. I only put them on at night and only during the day if they really look like they are going to go. I take them off when not in use and take out the battery till the next mare.

Either something is wrong with your battery, your transmitter, or you may have just set it up wrong and the battery was on, non stop. Make sure you have this end up and this end forward correctly. Also make sure it fits tight and snug under her throat.

I have had the system for years and love it!!

The batteries for my transmitters last ages! I forgot to take one out from last year, and tested it-- still working! The batteries in my beepers last a long time too. There is a little red light on the transmitter (if they are still like they were when I bought mine), it would have to be out of the pouch for you to see it, but that will tell you if the battery is not working, or if the transmitter is on the mare incorrectly. I hope you can figure out the problem right away, for your peace of mind. I usually have to recruit someone more technologically advanced than myself when trying to figure out new gadgets.
default_wink.png

I'm pretty sure you have to plug it in and let it charge for 24 hours before you use it the first time? I think it's in the directions, at least I'm pretty sure that is what I do with mine every year before using it.

You shouldn't already have a dead battery. If you have questions about how you have it set up, give Ken a call, I know he will be more than happy to help you through it. Do you have the repeater (big box) charged up for 24 hours before using it? And do you have it plugged in?

Thanks, I thought the battery died too soon. I put a new one in last night and that one is working. The batteries I had were energizers, so today I went and got some duracells. It seems to be working ok now, hopefully it works when I need it to
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back