Question about Colts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
We went to do the little colts embilical cord.

Had him on his back in my husbands arms and his two testicles could be seen and felt.

( Sorry just never noticed before.)
default_wacko.png
:

Is this normal? Just learning! always thought you had to wait till they came down.

:saludando:

Normal. They say if they are down when born then they will drop later................. Added- Wanted to clarify - Our experience has been that they will draw them up, drop them, then draw them up sometimes but they will eventually drop permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had a colt born without it's testicles- never, not once.

Including all the Arab/Part bred Arab etc horses, not one colt without testicles.
default_smile.png

And that's over forty five years of horse experience
default_yes.gif
:

they always have them down when they are born -- then they will go up & take 2 or 3 yrs to descend again-- why a lot of people geld them young.

they always have them down when they are born -- then they will go up & take 2 or 3 yrs to descend again-- why a lot of people geld them young.
I have had the pleasure of owning four colts, two of which were born at my place and descended at birth and sucked back up, but ALL of them were fully descended by 11 months of age.

Enjoy your new bundle of fun.

Latest posts

Back