Question about AMHA registration?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
First does the new stallion rule apply this year?

Second, I have a mare i need to bring perm. However she is a late foal so I can do it until the end of the summer. However I need to registure her foal, but I beleive I cant do that until she is perm. The foal will be over 4 months of age before I can bring the mare perm, will I still have to pay the next up fee for foal registration?

birth to 4 months is 20 for member 60 for non member

over 4 months to 8 months is 25 member and 65 non member.

a mare temp to perm over 6 months is 50 for member or non member

I am not asking about the prices I know that. What I am saying is a cant registure the foal until after the mare is perm, which isnt until the end of the summer. However her foal at that time will be over 4 months, will I still be stuck paying more even though I couldnt registure her earlier?

What is the actual date of the mares birth

all I can find in the rule book that a foal can only be registered if both parents registration are valid so I assume this means if you mare was born aug 01, her temp papers are still valid so register the foal. If she was born say feb 1st, you first need to bring her papers perm and then register the foal. That way papers are valid

Well if the mares papers run out in July and the foal will be over 4 months old by then l sure would file for it's registration papers soon after it's born but you won't get the mares height put on it's paperwork if the mare is still a temp...

As far as I know a mare does not have to be 5yrs old with permanant papers to register her foal.

If your mare is 4 years old and has a temporary registration in good standing, her foal can be registered at birth.

That is as long as the stallion's paper work is current and a stallion report has been filed.

What is the "new stallion rule"?

Yes you can register your foal before the mare turns 5. If you haven't registered it before then, you will have to bring her perm first.

If you are referring to the new temp to perm fee on stallions, that goes into effect on April 1.

I have registered plenty of foals before the mare goes perm in AMHA.

You have to wait until Perm in AMHR for the mare and stallion, I believe.

Back