Purchasing and Selling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcpminiaturehorses

Reaction score
I was just wondering how and where do you purchase and sell your minis. I live in north central Missouri and I do most of my purchasing and selling at mini auction held four times a year. It's only about ten miles from me and I get a wide variety of buyers from all over the country. I've never posted anything on the internet for sale because I don't know if people would travel to Missouri to inquire about a horse. I was just wondering how everyone else did it. I know being known and word of mouth is one way but in this part of Missouri there aren't that many mini breeders. Thanks for your opinions.

Hi,

I have sold about 70% of my horses here on the Lil Beginnings Saleboard, since it opened (not sure of the year).

I have been getting good prices for them and from various parts of the country. I have friends that will attest to the same results.

Liz M.

I am in North Central Arkansas. I sell horses all over the US, but you have to have them out there so others can see them. Either by a good website, listing them online for sale in such places as the LB salesboard ext........ Getting your horses out showing and people seeing them is just some of the best advertisement. Of course to sell horses you have to have people that want what you have or are breeding. Always be honest about them, word of mouth spreads. I don't do a lot of auctions as I have a list of people wanting certian things and have most sold beforehand.

I have sold via my web site, equine.com and the saleboard. I rarely consign to auctions as they just don't bring enough money these days.

i can say as an international buyer , i look on websites mainly , i like to see lots of pictures and as much information as possible and pedigrees..
smile.gif

videos and dvd's are a good idea to have available for buyers as i know i also ask for them if available ..
yes.gif

I think a website is a great tool to sell...also the salesboard here...I have sold many horses from it...awesome tool!

lis

Mostly I sell horses by talking peoples ears off at horse shows and making them look at my book of horses for sale! Surprisingly, it works, and nobodys made me go away .... yet!

I can only think of three horses we've sold that I can credit to the internet, and that's a very, very small percentage of the horses we've sold since we started the website.

I also made a DVD this fall that I've been sending out to anyone who hints at any interest. Everyone calls to compliment the DVD, but no one has bought a horse because of it yet!
wacko.gif

I have travelled 1300 miles, one way, to pick up horses. Most of my horses are from far away. Being from Maine, everything seems far away. LOL

Most of my buying has been over the Internet.

It's a drawback for selling though. When I mention the horses are located in Maine the first reaction from people is we're too far away.

I have a website and I hope it's decent. I don't have professional photos, but I try awfully hard to get good ones. I advertise on different websites.

I have sold what I wanted to sell, for the most part, and they went quickly this year. Most were sold in the New England area, with one trade from Kentucky.

Would I travel to Missouri? Well, I might go to pick them up, but I want to be able to see tons of pictures, and a video if possible, by e-mail before I go anywhere.

Latest posts

Back