Props to the administrative folks!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candi

Reaction score
Wanted to mention something I LIKE about ASPC/AMHR compared to the "breed" registries ;)

The administrative folks are FAST! From date I sent in transfers, registrations, stallion reports, etc - to date I received everything BACK - less than 2 weeks!

THAT is impressive!

Absolutely! Turnaround on my last bunch of paperwork was less than 10 days. Kudoes to the office folks at BOTH registries!!!

I've found both registries have really been responsive and quick this year. YEAH!

And not to be mean or nasty - but AMHR and AMHA are our "BREED" registries.

And not to be mean or nasty - but AMHR and AMHA are our "BREED" registries.
What was the intention then?

I know many other mini and pony folks - many with Congress and National champions - several have AQHA, APHA, ApHC, SHOW horses... and ALL refer to the stock world as the "breed" shows.

I carry 3 judges cards - and know several folks that have AQHA. APHA, etc cards AND AMHR cards... and we still refer to the stock world as "breed" showing.

heck - there is literally a registry for EVERYTHING - blue-eyed horses, striped hooves, etc... doesn't mean they fall into the "breed show" category when someone says it. Arbitrary term that's been coined (by yes, the stock-horse world).

Nothing negative about it - but makes saying "breed showing" MUCH easier than typing out APHA, AQHA, ApHC, PtHA, ABRA, PBHA, etc... references all of them.

She was just pointing out that we small equine people don't consider ASPC/AMHR any different from a breed registry....ASPC is as much a "breed" as any other, even if you consider AMHR to be just a height registry.

For me 'breed shows' means showing in shows restricted to whatever breed.....when I showed Morgans and showed at Morgan shows I always said 'breed shows' to differentiate from dressage or hunter/jumper shows....and now I say that I show my ponies and minis at the breed shows.

For many of us 'breed shows' have never meant just stock shows.

For many of us 'breed shows' have never meant just stock shows.
Understood. And, I explained, why especially being a carded judge, I used the term "breed" as well.

I've since modified it for here to "stock breed" to make things easier
default_smile.png

While I do NOT mind offending people - was not my intention in this case...

While I do NOT mind offending people - was not my intention in this case...
I as an admin member, will take this opportunity to refer you to the Forum Rules and Etiquette page, because on these LB forums, offensive posts are not allowed and can result in deletion of the offending posts and/or topics and further infractions can and do lead to the suspension of the offender's account. We like to keep LB a firendly place for all to visit.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

I as an admin member, will take this opportunity to refer you to the Forum Rules and Etiquette page, because on these LB forums, offensive posts are not allowed and can result in deletion of the offending posts and/or topics and further infractions can and do lead to the suspension of the offender's account. We like to keep LB a firendly place for all to visit.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!
Well - this is what I was "warned about" - LOL! Was told that the "regulars" here can put opinions out there- but not "newbies"... Sad.

While I can appreciate your job as an administrator of such a busy forum - there is a HUGE difference between "offending posts" and accidentally offending someone.

For goodness-sakes - this thread was a POSITIVE "props" for the AMHR/ASPC administrative staff.

I've read many threads from the last couple months- and there are MANY times that folks offend others (both on purpose and accidentally) and I've not seen you post this "warning" on any of those. Including several where folks threatened to leave LB due to the harsh criticism.

Am I outspoken - yup, hard to turn-it-off when it's what you get paid to do 52 weeks a year - but I'm also 100% honest, not mean, and want the best for everyone's horses and families.

Well - this is what I was "warned about" - LOL! Was told that the "regulars" here can put opinions out there- but not "newbies"... Sad.

While I can appreciate your job as an administrator of such a busy forum - there is a HUGE difference between "offending posts" and accidentally offending someone.

For goodness-sakes - this thread was a POSITIVE "props" for the AMHR/ASPC administrative staff.

I've read many threads from the last couple months- and there are MANY times that folks offend others (both on purpose and accidentally) and I've not seen you post this "warning" on any of those. Including several where folks threatened to leave LB due to the harsh criticism.

Am I outspoken - yup, hard to turn-it-off when it's what you get paid to do 52 weeks a year - but I'm also 100% honest, not mean, and want the best for everyone's horses and families.
"Regulars" do not get any special treatment, and in fact, they should be more familiar with the rules if anything.

I did not mean your posts were offending/offensive...not at all. My post was in reference to your sentence that I quoted in my earlier post, stating that you do not mind offending people, and I just wanted you to be aware of the rule that does not allow posts to be offensive towards other members. Yes, differences of opinion are fine...downright mean/offensive posts directly aimed towards someone are not. Just wanted to bring it to your attention since you are relatively new to the forum. So again, I just wanted you to verse yourself with the forum rules, since many newcomers do not even realize that page is there.

As to your reference to other posts being offensive towards others over the past couple of months, I cannot really comment on that one since I have been absent for most of the past couple of months due to personal reasons. If there are things offensive that we may not see, please don't hesitate to use the report button in the lower left hand side of the offending post to direct us to it. We don't read each and every post, and we often rely others reading to help out by reporting them when we seem to have missed it. Thanks.

"Regulars" do not get any special treatment, and in fact, they should be more familiar with the rules if anything.

I did not mean your posts were offending/offensive...not at all. My post was in reference to your sentence that I quoted in my earlier post, stating that you do not mind offending people, and I just wanted you to be aware of the rule that does not allow posts to be offensive towards other members. Yes, differences of opinion are fine...downright mean/offensive posts directly aimed towards someone are not. Just wanted to bring it to your attention since you are relatively new to the forum. So again, I just wanted you to verse yourself with the forum rules, since many newcomers do not even realize that page is there.

As to your reference to other posts being offensive towards others over the past couple of months, I cannot really comment on that one since I have been absent for most of the past couple of months due to personal reasons. If there are things offensive that we may not see, please don't hesitate to use the report button in the lower left hand side of the offending post to direct us to it. We don't read each and every post, and we often rely others reading to help out by reporting them when we seem to have missed it. Thanks.
Thank you... I understand your point perfectly, and have no issues ;)

Nah- I'll report if someone gets downright mean or personal attacks- but otherwise I've no qualms calling them out publicly. We are human - and horsey lovers - that alone means conflict at times ;)

Latest posts

Back