Preventing trailer theft

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gracemini

Reaction score
So, long story short, my husband may have to park our trailer at a parking lot downtown from us. We were wondering which type of lock to get to make sure it does not grow legs and venture off by itself.
default_biggrin.png
We are leaving it there for work purposes so parking elsewhere is not an option. It is a sixteen foot bumper pull. Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks!

This is the one that we have on our bumper pull trailer and I like it. I am not as inventive as some crooks may be, but I don't see how anybody would get this one off short of removing the whole hitch.

Hitch Lock

Last edited by a moderator:
Any lock that encompasses the hitch is good enough. Just remember, if you can remove the HITCH, what good is the lock?! If you have a gooseneck you need TWO locks, one for the ball-area, one for the removal bolt. The type 40 locks are nice since they are pretty much uncuttable, they have to be burned off. (I've had them burned off twice now, once when I broke the key in the lock, once when the ford dealership wrecked my truck and lost the key in the snowbank.)

I have the same E-Z Lock for the hitch but I use a padlock that is round ( disc ) shaped so there isn't any way anyone can get to the bolt part. It slides in with the key and out with the key.

Latest posts

Back