Pregnant?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandi

Reaction score
I just got my first mini yesterday. My fiancee and I picked her up from someone we met who wanted to give her to us since they ran into some rough times. They have about 5 horses and 5 minis and just couldnt afford to feed them all which was evident when we went to pickup our little girl. All the horses and minis were thin. You could easily see their backbones and they didnt have a whole lot of flesh on their ribs. They didnt look like they we deathly skinny, but they were skinnier than I like to see. All horses and minis were like this but the one we went to pick up. Ours has this big belly that we thought could be a hay belly or worms, but with the condition of the other horses I cant see it being a hay belly. We did worm her yesterday and I didnt notice any worms in her stool, but that doesnt mean that they werent there. Also, this couple had a mini stallion that was on the property and with the fence system I could easily see him getting out. Also, before we left, the couple said " maybe we will put our other mare with the stud and geldings. We think that their breeding season is over now." After I heard this I thought that maybe they believe horses only have a certain season where they breed and then it would be safe to put them together. So maybe our mare was put with him before? What do you guys think? If you need a picture of her I will try to get one for you. Thanks

A pic would certanly help
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back