Pregnancy Checks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spindleberry

Reaction score
SO my vet doesn't have the "wand" to do ultrasounds on minis. So what are some other options for pregnancy checks? I know biotracking does a blood test for $25. Their testing is every other week and the blood has to be kept cold during shipping. And the pregnancy check can't be until 70 days after breeding so I wont be able to draw blood until October.

My vet will do a blood test but it is 130. and for a sono is only 60 plus call out fee. If your vet doesn't have a mini probe, do they have a llama probe, as they are both real small, or does he/she have a small arm or small PVC pipe?

I think ultrasounds provide more and better information than what blood tests do.

If your Vet has an ultrasound and linear probe already, then I would advise you to encourage him to buy one (or buy it for him as they are usually quite cheap at <$50). There is a learning curve to using it, but over time it will be a good investment for both of you.

Dr. Taylor

The manufacturer of the ultrasound will have them. Simply Google the company and call. You don't have to be a Vet to buy Veterinary equipment.

If that fails you can try;

Total Machine Vet Services

Grove City, OH

614-871-8440

tmvs.com

[email protected]

Its where I got mine. Not my favorite, but works just fine. The best fitting ones will be especially made by the manufacturer.

Dr. Taylor

Latest posts

Back