Predators & Camping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I only have a few more things to do to my van then I’ll be ready to take my tiny A size minis camping! Doesn’t look like I will be making Palo Duro Canyon this year but I hope to make it next year.

I am starting to plan our first camping trip for next month. But now this has got me thinking, what about predators? How am I going to protect my mini horse from the predators? I was planning to high tie them to my van at night but I’m not so sure now. Then I was thinking I could put them in a camp provided stall but that would be easy for a mountain lion to get into or even coyotes.

Would lights and a radio really fend off predators? I have my doubts. Need ideas on how to keep my minis safe while camping out with them.

maybe buy something like this? I've only heard about this, I can't leave a personal review, but it sounds good

"Nite Guard Solar is an original predator light designed to stop mounted predators before they get close enough to risk harm."

Latest posts

Back