Precision Driving as an AMHR Class?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahorses

Reaction score
I will finally have driving mini against next year, and I was thinking about submitted a rule-change proposal next year to add Precision Driving for AMHR. (See page 146-147 in the AMHR/ASPC 2008 Rule Book).

Do you think there would be enough interest? Seems much more interesting than pleasure driving to me (and it reminds me somewhat of Western Riding, which was one of my favorite classes as a kid)

I think it would be a nice class to have. I know last year at the OK shows they offered precision driving for the minis as a non rated class. Kind of have it like available like they do with the roadster in-hand.

I found that the Precision Driving classes as Ada were the same course show after show and by the third show most of the horses had the patter down and it was no longer a challenge. Precision is really no different than Obstacle Driving except for it is a total "CONE"course except for the parallel wheel obstacle. Most horses that do driving obstacle are all very well versed in a good cadence of speed and cone work.

At National level I would rather see Obstacle driving continue vs a Precision Course.

How about submitting a proposal for reinsmanship or other classes that focus on traditional driving skills, for the driver and/or for the horse?

Reinsmanship is offered now and then at various shows, and I would love to see it become a regular class.

Just remember when writing a rule proposal you need to be specific if you are asking for an optional class or a required class. If you are asking if it should be a required class to the sanctioned class list my answer would be No.

Latest posts

Back