Pre-lit tree light problem

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbsFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]I have a pre-lit tree and we just got it put up, all the branches fluffed out and looking good. I plugged it in (my small Christmas Vacation moment) and there is a small section right in the middle of the tree that won't come on. I changed the fuses in the plug of that strand and didn't see any bulbs that looked burned out. I don't know what else to do. Does any one have any ideas? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I know I could run another strand of my own lights on top of those, but that would look a little cluttered. I don't know! HELP![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Shannon
default_wub.png

I wish I could send you a "fresh" home grown Noble Fir from the State of Washington
default_yes.gif

Ummmmm .... the smell of of fresh tree in your home is heavenly.

If the light strand don't work... ya just toss it and buy another
default_wink.png

* just wanted to post and say Hi
default_saludando.gif
too !!

[SIZE=12pt]LOL...I will have to tell Jody you have asked for a second opinion. You didn't like his "throw it out and buy a new one?" idea...
default_biggrin.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]hey Teri, look we were posting at the same time and had the same idea...hehehe...guess us donkey folk think alike
default_yes.gif
, Nikki[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]how funny we did it again...
default_biggrin.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]LOL...yes, I am sure Shannon will think of us as a*sses
default_yes.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]LOL...I will have to tell Jody you have asked for a second opinion. You didn't like his "throw it out and buy a new one?" idea...
default_biggrin.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]No, I don't like his idea worth a darn now that I have missed the really good prices on trees this morning![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Thank you Nik, Teri and Jody for the great advice. The tree is UP and it's STAYIN'
default_yes.gif
I guess I'll just have to be creative!
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

default_biggrin.png
...Nikki
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]No, I don't like his idea worth a darn now that I have missed the really good prices on trees this morning![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Thank you Nik, Teri and Jody for the great advice. The tree is UP and it's STAYIN'
default_yes.gif
I guess I'll just have to be creative!
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

default_new_rofl.gif

OH Horrors! A tree that won't light? Say it isn't so !!!!!!

I'd say you have a bulb out or loose. Go one by one and check every one to see. It may just need a twist if it got jolted loose.

Or, it could be the wire of the lights. Those wires are very sensitive especially when twisted a bit too much. Try checking out that strand and see if they are overly twisted up somewhere.

Next thing would be the plug ends. Right where the wire connects into the plug is also a little sensitive sometimes. See if that helps. I'll keep thinking.

PS: Get back to us on this. You know I won't get any sleep thinking you have an outage!

Last edited by a moderator:
OH Horrors! A tree that won't light? Say it isn't so !!!!!!
I'd say you have a bulb out or loose. Go one by one and check every one to see. It may just need a twist if it got jolted loose.

Or, it could be the wire of the lights. Those wires are very sensitive especially when twisted a bit too much. Try checking out that strand and see if they are overly twisted up somewhere.

Next thing would be the plug ends. Right where the wire connects into the plug is also a little sensitive sometimes. See if that helps. I'll keep thinking.

PS: Get back to us on this. You know I won't get any sleep thinking you have an outage!
[SIZE=14pt]LOL... I took your advice Marty and guess what?? I had a bulb out I guess. I found a few that looked a little dark and the third one I replaced, it came on. Yippee!!![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back