Prayers please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
My brother in law went to the hospital for tests yesterday and is having double bypass surgery as I type. It was definitely a shock to everyone and we're all a bit frightened. So....if you can spare a moment....a quick prayer for Chris would definitely be appreciated.

My brother in law went to the hospital for tests yesterday and is having double bypass surgery as I type. It was definitely a shock to everyone and we're all a bit frightened. So....if you can spare a moment....a quick prayer for Chris would definitely be appreciated.
Lot of
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
for your son-in-law

Thank you both for your prayers. He's out of surgery and the surgeon said he did well and is fine. I left before they got to go into ICU for a visit but felt it was ok to come home. He's been my BIL for 55+ years and it would have been hard to lose him. Thanks again!

Prayers for a fast healing for your brother in law
default_yes.gif

Thanks again for your prayers. They had originally scheduled him for a double bypass but when the surgeon talked with us after it was over they had done 4. Just got off the phone with my sister and they had a scare at 2:00 this morning. There was some bleeding and they had to go back to surgery to see what it was. Turns out it was just a problem with the drainage tube....but enough to scare the bejesus out of everybody. He's ok again, but will remain in ICU longer than they had originally thought. Thanks again everyone!!

Hope he is doing well now and recovers quickly. I know what your family is going through, it sounds exactly what we went through with my husband. 8 Am was his heart cath, found he had a 99% blockage in a main artery so by 1pm he was in for emergency bypass, then two days later he was opened back up for bleeding, had an extra chest tube put in and an extra few days stay but was home within the week. He later had to have fluid removed from around his lungs but that was an in office procedure. Scariest thing I've ever been through but now he is better than ever and back to doing everything he was before.

Many, many thanks to you all for your prayers and kind words. I talked with both he and my sister a few minutes ago and they both sound just a whole lot better. My sister had been very concerned about his confusion but that seems to be about 95% better today. Probably another couple of days before he gets to go home but with 3 days in ICU behind him that's still doing pretty good. Hard to believe he's 76 and this is the first time he's ever been in the hospital. That's a good thing, but wow, what a way to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back