Prayers needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoRebel

Reaction score
Hubby got the call from his brother this morning that his cousin, Darren (all of 19 yrs old maybe) was killed in a motorcycle accident last night. We don't know any more than that... As we find out more I will post updates.

Darren's mother lost a husband before he was even a thought to a farm accident when the husband was driving down a familiar road and the farmer came off of a field driveway and the bale spear on the farmer's tractor impaled both the truck and her husband. Then a bunch of years ago, Darren and his mom came home to find that Darren's father had hung himself in the garage of the family home... :no: So if you can spare some prayers for this family, please do so! TIA!

UPDATE: Here's what was posted on the local paper's website....

Darin T. Brantner, 19, of Deer Park, was traveling northbound on County Road D, just north of Emerald at approximately 19:17 p.m. Thursday when he lost control of his motorcycle.

Brantner's 2003 Buell motorcycle struck several mailboxes in the Town of Emerald before coming to rest. Brantner was wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The St. Croix County Sheriff's office is continuing to investigage this accident.

UPDATE AGAIN: OK, Hubby and I talked last night... I knew this kid was a cousin of some type but I guess he was a 3rd cousin by marriage once removed. So not exactly a close cousin... Everyone is doing well... Hubby's little sister is taking it harder than anyone because she really hasn't had to deal with death. So she's just a basket case at the moment. Hubby's mom and dad are on an Alaskan Cruise at the moment and won't be back till Tues night BUT they know about the death. SIL and I decided that it would be a nice gesture to send flowers to the family so I gave her money to do so. Other than that there isn't any more developments on this whole thing. I'm sure that by Monday morning we'll know funeral arrangements and such. Thank you all for the prayers and such. Darin's mother has been through her share of hurt and I know she's appreciating everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow how tragic. Prayers for peaceful spirits in this time of sadness.

Lyn

Oh my goodness I am so sorry for all the trajedy in their lives! My prayers are with them all.

I am sooo sorry. Prayers!!! To your family
default_pray.gif
:

How awful! I'm so sorry. You're all in my prayers!!

God bless you with His perfect peace,

Janine

Thinking of all of you....I know from sad experience how painful a sudden and unexpected tragic loss like this feels.

It will take a long time to heal.

Wishing you peace as you grieve.

Liz M.

Tiif, so sorry to hear what has happened. You and your family are in my thoughts, as this has to be hard. Sending prayers for you and your family
default_pray.gif
: You know, if you ever need to talk, you got my number, or just IM me.. Take care of yourself threw all of this stress..remember that little one growing inside of you, needs you to get as much rest as possible..

Jodie

So horribly tragic. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Kim

Latest posts

Back