prayers needed...maybe too late

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookhaven

Reaction score
from my post on "Champion of Champions thread"...."What you didn't know is that Another Dimension DWB The Riddler (who Mike H. was also handling), spooked in the wash stall during the Champion of Champions Class, hit his head, fell and couldn't move. Terry was called to the barn. I found the rest of their crew and told them and they all went to help. Riddler was hurt very bad. He was taken out of the barn on a stretcher to a vet hospital and last I heard (which was last night) was they thought he had a skull fracture and spinal cord injury. Terry was in absolute tears. Laurie that owns Riddler went with him and was extremely upset. I hope to hear good news but it doesn't sound that way. Mike was in the ring and didn't even know until Carlos met him after the class. Talk about an emotional roller coaster."

I won't know anything until tomorrow. If anyone has any news please post.

Everyone send prayers for the Riddler....
pray.gif

Oh no how awful for everyone involved from those that owned and love the horse and those that were there and those that saw it I know how tragic that must have been.

I have a filly who fractured her neck while I was away at Nationals and she looked bad when I got home although she was able to get up and walk around a bit (after a while) but she is doing much much better now not 100 percent and may never be and cant have a halter on or even be weaned at this point- but my point in telling this story is there is always hope and they will all be in my thoughts

OMG. That is truly awful for ALL involved. Please let us know how the fellow is.

MA

[SIZE=14pt]How awful! Prayers are with them all.[/SIZE]

Lyn

bump...just to see if anyone has heard anything....such a beautiful horse and such an awful tragic accident.

Well, I just got a call from some people that say that the horse has been put to sleep. I really hate to post things I am not completely sure about, but this was pretty reliable. Terrible! I hope they were wrong.

Carol

This was such a tragic accident! Like Carol I just heard he was put to sleep but wasn't 100% sure. My thoughts and prayers are certainly with Laurie and the Hlavatovics.

Oh no I was hoping for miracle. I am so very sorry to hear this

I am so sorry he was hurt and that he is apparently gone.

Watching him on the web cam, he was a beautiful horse and I wish him peace and freedom from his pains.....

To my owners, condolences...those Nationals wins have to be extra bittersweet, now.

Liz M.

I really hate to hear that, but am not surprised. It just didn't look good, when a horse is carried off on a stretcher. It is unfortunately an accident that could happen to anyone at anytime, but I just can't imagine the pain Laurie is going through right now. As well as Mike and Terry, who TRULY care so deeply for their horses. My thoughts and prayers are with them all. And this just reminds us that we all should be very grateful when our horses are there to greet us everyday....

Godspeed, Riddler...

There's nothing one can say to make this better. Just know we feel your pain and wish we could put our arms around you. God Bless. Carl and Maxine

Oh, how tragic...........I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of such an incredible horse. Special thoughts and prayers for all

i have just read this thread
sad.gif
and i am deeply sorry for all concerned, it sounds awful and must of been a terrible thing to see ...i dont know who the horse is unfortunately but still i am very sad to hear this news

very sorry

jackie..uk

My deepest hearfelt condolences to everyone involved. How very tragic.

Everyone,

I have been in contact with Joel White last night and this morning about this. They (Joel White and Laurie Barile) took him (The Riddler) to Texas A&M for detail exams. The veterinarians concluded that there was nothing that can be done as his skull was badly broken. They had to put him to sleep last night.

It is a very unfortunate accident :-(

Laurie, of course, is devastated. Our hearts go out to her.

Tommy and Dawn

[SIZE=14pt]How very very sad! Laurie prayers for your comfort. Tommy please let her know that the forum community grieves with her.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I just talked to Laurie Barile just now. She passed the following:

"They took The Riddler to the hospital and had him in 24 hours of intensive care to see if they could save him. He was convulsive and was it was obvious he was not going to recover. Laurie along with the staff decided it was best to put him to sleep."

Again, it is unfortunate.

Tommy

Latest posts

Back