Prayers Needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
I would like to request prayers for my little filly.

My horses have been having a horrible year as far as illnesses go. A very bad upper respiratory infection back in January that took the life of one of my mares. The other herd members made it through. I treated them for several months. Even after my mare died, things got worse before they got better.

Now, this past Sunday, I found my 11th month filly down and flat out in the barn. I got her up and walking, and she was covered in muck and mud from rolling. The vet came out and we determined that she needed to go into the clinic for IV fluids and meds.

She stayed in the hospital until Tuesday evening with the diagnosis of sand colic and instructions from the vet.

I brought her home, and she got through the night pretty well. Wednesday, the vet came out again, just to do a check on her while I was in class. The vet found her dumpy, lethargic and with a fever of 104.
default_no.gif
She tubed her with mineral oil and water to make sure the impaction hadn't started again. She took blood as well.

The blood-work came back and her WBC count was 1.4. My vet said that is the lowest she has ever seen in a baby.

Thankfully everything else came back normally.

I am now treating her at home, but we don't know how this will play out. If it goes bad, it will go bad very quickly. So prayers would be greatly appreciated!
default_wub.png

PS. The vet clinic clipped her so it was easier to administer meds, etc. She went from this....

014.jpg

To this....

winnie2011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
{{{{ hugs }}}} & prayers coming your way.
default_no.gif

Sorry to hear about your filly! Praying she fully recovers for you!
default_pray.gif
:pray

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It doesn't take long to go downhill.

We had a problem a while back and on looking back I am wishing we had tried calcium. ( I don't think ity would hurt to try it, even if it was not the issue)

I am sure some of the doctors on here will give you a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding my prayers and good thoughts for your filly, and for you to make it through this ordeal as well. Will be hoping for great news soon.

Oh your poor little girl. Prayers that she makes a quick turn for the better.

Barbie

sending prayers that she will recover fast from what ever she has

what a pretty little thing she is , Im praying for her to make a speedy recovery <<hugs to you >>

I'm sending prayers and healing thoughts to your filly!

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your filly and you. I sure hope she turns around and soon. Hugs to you.

Latest posts

Back