Prayers needed for Lilly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, so glad your Lily is back to her bouncy self!
default_biggrin.png

Peggy

It was an accident... You didnt mean for this to happen. Sorry about the stress and I am sending prayers for all of you to get thru this..

So glad to hear she is OK!!!!

I am very happy for you!

What a massive relief!!! Karen i am so happy that Lilly pulled through, i know how much she means to you. I tried to call, but no answer, your probably out cuddling that beautiful filly. Such good news - well done getting her through it!!
default_aktion033.gif

So happy to hear Lilly has pulled through this. I just came online and read your post. I was scared to death 2 years ago as I did the same thing. I injected the whole tube of Ivermectin into a recently weaned filly. I frantically called the vet and she called the wormer company and got some info and called me back with good news. Very large safety margin with the Imervectin, but watch her carefully for any tremors or shivering as it could affect muscle function as it runs its course. Well, she never showed any bad signs from the overdose. But ever since, I always put the paste on my finger and place it on the back of the tongue for the younger horses. Once again, glad to hear all is well
default_smile.png

I am so glad that Lily is doing better, I was so worried about her, my horses are my life and if something happened to one of them I don't know what I would do. I am so happy for you, mama and baby, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and thanking the Lord for bringing her through it.

I am so glad that Lily is doing better, I was so worried about her, my horses are my life and if something happened to one of them I don't know what I would do. I am so happy for you, mama and baby, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and thanking the Lord for bringing her through it.
Thankyou. I rang my vet today to thank him for getting her through this and he is surprised at how well she is doing. He said her excessive tiredness is probably due to the heavy sedation he had to give her on Saturday night, shes still snoozing alot thisafternoon but as soon as I walk out the door she gets up (better than having to shake her awake
default_yes.gif

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff77/ka...pg?t=1200284698

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff77/ka...pg?t=1200284698

Karen

Australia

sorry about the double up on the pic. Dont know what happened am trying to put a few different ones up but cant do it. I think I need some sleep
default_wacko.png

Karen

Australia

I'm so sorry to hear what happened and hope all will be well soon. I had this happen two years ago, and it was frightening. Now when I worm, I put it on a small piece of bread and feed it to them. I have a few that don't like the bread, but most gobble it right up. For the ones that don't, I use the paste on the finger method. The stoppers just aren't dependable...

Just doing some catching up and read this thread - I'm so glad to hear you've had a good outcome! I think we've all had the plunger slip at some time and delivered an overdose of wormer, generally with no ill effects but it's always more frightening when it's a baby. Your filly is a doll, glad she's back to being herself.
default_smile.png

Jan

Latest posts

Back