Prayers needed for Hershey from Runaway Ranch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh I am sooo very sorry...Poor little Hershey. What a horrible trajedy.
default_sad.png

I am so sorry for her horrible loss, my deepest condolences to her and her family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you thru this time. I'm so sorry you lost Hershey..

Oh poor little Hershey, I hope they find out what did this to him and the other minis & donkey is safe.

Sorry, I posted & then read some of the other posts, I am soooo very sorry of the loss, please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG what a horrible loss. I would say from the looks of the wound, it was something from the Canine family. They chase and tear at what they can reach. I am so sorry the little one died, but he would have had an awfully painful recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ginny StP

OH MY GOSH! That is so terrible. :no: And not knowing what it was that did it. Poor boy. So sorry for the loss. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa - I am so, so sorry for your loss... :no: Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Liz R.

default_sad.png
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of this beautiful little one. My prayers go out to you.

default_sad.png
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of this beautiful little one. My prayers go out to you.

default_sad.png

...sorry about the last post.
default_wacko.png
: I'm on a different computer.

Lisa, I am so very sorry you are having to go thru this, its so scary when you "just dont know what is lurking outside in the dark" . I am hoping whatever did this is gone and for good. I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Hershey. Corinne

BLESSINGS sent for Lisa's little guy! That is SO SAD.

My feelings are that it is not a cougar but a coyote or feral dog attack. I hope she can pull her other little ones inside while this mystery is solved.

MA

I am so very sorry for your loss - the injuries looked very extensive and the poor little guy is now out of pain as heartbreaking as it is. I hope that you find what did this to Hershey and put a bullet through its miserable head!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

What a poor lil man!!I opened this topic at school and some of my friends had a peek and said they are very sorry for him and his owner and they will be thinking of him and praying.I will also pray and keep him in my thoughts. :no:

I am also very sorry to hear this. No words will heal the sorrow... Blessings to all that loved that little horse.

That is just heart wrenching! My prayers are with this little baby! Good Luck he looks so sore and down poor little guy what a experience! :no:
default_pray.gif
:

Our Deepest Condolences Lisa and Hershey... :no:

Mike took a look at the wounds, and thinks that perhaps you have a young/small Black Bear in your immediate vicinity. He ruled out large cat or coyote from the looks of the wounds. You might want to make sure that you bring in your other horses at night, he has had a taste of blood now, and knows where to get more. Bears eat grasses and dandelions the first month out of hibernation, then they start looking for meat, and that would put it right about this time of year.

Hope it is not, but Mike is a very good hunter/tracker, and that is what he said it looks like... We are so sorry for your loss Lisa...

Nancy & Mike

I am sorry for your loss I wasnt aware untill I read further so sorry for your loss! no words can heal the pain! I am deeply sorry
default_sad.png

I can't imagine the pain and horror Lisa felt when she found Hershey like that. It must have been absolutely unbearable.

I'm so sorry he didn't make it, but those injuries were horific, and he may have suffered for the rest of his life had he lived. Yet when we have an injured horse we always remain most optimistic for their recovery.

I can't imagine how scary it must be for Lisa now, worrying about the rest of the horses. I also can't imagine what kind of animal could have done that. I'm sure a dog would have barked or growled or yipped. Coyotes might have been quieter if stalking. Cats would have been quiet, but like others mentioned, they usually go right for the throat to kill. Those were terrible injuries!

My deepest condolences!

Latest posts

Back