prayers going up for Kay

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kay I am so glad she is doing better what a nightmare I know how helpless you felt with no truck thank goodness our mini friends came thru again!

I am so happy for you, your family, and your beloved little mare,Kay...there is nothing more frightening than to have one with a colic that does not want to resolve! Heading to the University in a timely manner was the best decision you could make; a horse's chance of recovery should surgery be necessary is SO increased if the horse still has decent vital signs...

May God and the prayerful efforts of all who are 'pulling for' Tiny continue to have their positive effect---and of course, continue to guide the work of the talented and compassionate team of vets at the vet school!

FWIW--I raised a little horse who has now survived TWO colic surgeries! In both cases, it was indeed what he ingested-first, at @ 2 1/2 mos. of age, a combo of hair, dirt, and ?(it was after what happened with him that I began using a dose syringe to get psyllium into at least some of my foals, at a very young age!); I sold him at @ 2 1/2 years of age, with full disclosure of his history. His new owner(local) moved to a very sandy locale-and when he was around 7, he had a sand colic that again required surgery!!(They do now keep him on full matting-well, conveyor belting-and he is muzzled during arena(also sandy)turnout.) He is 12 years old this year, has won BEAUCOUPS show awards, especially at Pinto Nationals, for a number of years now! Adhesions following surgery-especially in the first year or so- are one of the major things to watch out for, according to my great 'in-town'(as opposed to my dear 'out here in the country') vets--Moon only had one episode, which the vet was able to 'talk me through' by phone. I am a firm believer in pure ALOE VERA juice after colic surgery; gave it to Moon for about two years after his. Nowadays, you can buy it by the gallon, and very reasonably-priced, at Wally World; back then, I had to go get it at the health food store.

Continued prayers and very positive thoughts from here for your dear Tiny....

Margo

Sending prayers and good thoughts for Tiny's continued recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read your posts about Tiny. Glad that OSU was able to help. Prayers sent your way that she recovers soon.
default_pray.gif
:

Thank goodness it sounds if Tiny is getting such phenomenal care. Thank you Kay for telling us about the fabric..I will go out today and look my fields over. I get lax this time of year about going all around but will do so today. Their is always something I will find that shouldn't be in the fields..wind blows it in..etc..I use moist wipes all the time for my horse face wiping..
default_wub.png
: and stick them in my pocket or the Gator glove pocket. I know that fall out on occasion and they would be just the right thing for a snack...I hate it for you and your little Tiny but this should be a reminder to all of us that these little boogers will eat anything given the opportunity. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Tiny and sleep and for you.

Kay, adding our prayers and good wishes to all the others for you and Tiny. Glad she is getting such awesome care. (((hugs)))

My heart goes out to you for what you are going through - your hubby sounds absolutely wonderful to be there with you!!!

Keeping Tiny in my thoughts and prayers - I am so glad to hear they were able to find and remove the blockage!

Best,

Liz R.

there just arent any better people then miniature horse people. they just are always willing to stop and help someone. I was so touched when i read everyones posts this morning that yep i started crying again. But this time they were happy tears.

I got another update from OSU!!! She is doing GREAT today. No fever!!! They said shes bright eyed and acting a little onery and eating well. They are feeding her tiny amounts at a time just to be sure everything is working right. The doctor (DR Kay LOL its a man and thats his last name) said if she is still this good tomarrow morning she can come home tomarrow afternoon :aktion033: I didnt get to see her today as I had so much to catch up on from being pretty much non existent around the house for the last 3 days but I cant wait to go kiss her tomarrow and maybe bring her home.

I am been SCOURING my pasture again. You just never know what will blow in. We try to be so dang careful but unfortunately it still happens
default_sad.png

Kay

:aktion033: :aktion033: AW GREAT NEWS KAY, MAYBE YOULL GET SOME SLEEP NOW AND THE NIGHTMARE OF THE PAST FEW DAYS WILL BE OVER, GOD BLESS !!!!! :saludando:

Add me to the list of well wishers for you and Tiny! So glad things are going well and I bet tomorrow's reunion will have tears of joy!

I just want to add that if anyone gets their hay from other people, even a trusted source - check inside the bales....This year with hurricanes here, normally clean fields have been loaded with debris. We found roof shingles, PVC, plastic soda bottles, ripped tarps, YOU NAME IT! And our curious little minis will think it is a new chewable toy. Even roadside ditches can have trash mixed in.

:aktion033: COME HOME SOON TINY!

Debra

That's great news Kay!! :aktion033: Let us know when she comes home!
default_smile.png

Great News Kay!!! I have been reading about Tiny and am glad she is getting better. There has been way to much sadness on here lately. It's about time things get right.

Get a good nights sleep and go get your girl tomorrow. Give her a hug for all of us who are too far away and tell her we are all rooting for her fast recovery.
default_yes.gif
:

thank you guys so much. I am going to take pics tomarrow of OSU to share with everyone as the place is just fascinating. I cannot wait to go get my girl
default_wub.png
:

SOOOOOOOOO glad to hear things are looking up!!!!!

Latest posts

Back