prayers going up for Kay

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randy

Reaction score
Our prayers are with you Kay!!!!!
default_pray.gif
:

Oh dear Kay, I've been off the forum all day as computer man was here working on this darn puter so it would scan.

Please know I'm preaying for Tiny and you too. My love to you friend, Maxine

I hope the last update I read is still current. A successful surgery with recovery expected? Some sort of foreign body?

I know for sure how very scarey colics are. Many prayers for Kay and Tiny.

Keeping you both in my thoughts....

Liz M.

I cant tell explain in words how much it means to me to have so many people pulling for my girl. I kept telling Tiny yesterday that she had a lot of people praying for her and she was strong enough to make it through this. I know there was a couple times this girl just wanted to give in but no way were we going to let her. Its just so great knowing there are people out there you have never even meant sending prayers and good thoughts to help pull you through.

I am so impressed by OSU. What an outstanding group of people! She was so dehydrated by the time we got there that they really thought she might pass something by having fluids put thru. She still had gut sounds and a good heart rate so everyone was hopeful. But by 2:00 it became apparent that she couldnt pass it as hard as she was trying. Her heart rate was going up so off to surgery we went. The surgeon told me that he felt sure it was a foreign body. He said almost every colic surgery hes done on a mini was some odd thing it ate.

They took us to a special hallway where we watched the entire surgery. I didnt think i could watch at first but then I found myself just fascinated watching. They kept senidng a nurse out every 30 mins to let us know how it was going. We also got to go to recovery and help wake her up. It was so cute as they kept having to turn her so she could see me or shed throw a fit.

At first they thought it was a small piece of rope but then they saw it was a small piece of fabric. I really wanted to see it but they didnt save it. Manure had wrapped around it and totally blocked off her bowel. They were very concerned about infection because they did have to open her bowel. I was so relieved though that none of the bowel died or was necrotic.

They finally kicked us out last night at 530 pm as Tiny wouldnt rest as long as she could see me. They called me last night at 1030 and said they were giving her a tiny amount to eat (poor thing hasnt ate in 2 full days) and she was not running a fever at that time and was doing well. If she can get thru today with no fever then we are on the downhill of this horrible episode!!

I have to thank my hubby for staying the entire day with me and being my rock. There was a couple times when i was just losing it and I dont know what i would have done without him.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

So glad to read your post Kay! Still saying my prayers for Miss Tiny. Your hubby sounds wonderful and it sounds like the surgery was a success. I'm glad for you. You do so much for everyone else, a few prayers is the least we can all do to try to give back to you. Here's to a full recovery for Tiny!!
default_cheers.gif
:

Jodi

Glad to hear Tiny's surgery went well and here's hoping for a speedy recovery! :aktion033:

gosh i think im still asleep. I forgot to thank ron and fran (ohhorsepee) for lending us their truck and trailer at 7 am so we could get tiny to the hosipital. (our truck blew its engine right after we moved) THANK YOU RON AND FRAN. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033: Yeah, I didn't read all of the other thread it's just so sad when our babies do this. But she's doing better, so glad to hear this Hip Hip Hooray, Sending prayers to you Tiny, your husband and OSU for helping your baby.
default_yes.gif
: :saludando:

Here's hoping blessing are shining down on your family and Tiny now. I can only imagine how scary the whole ordeal was. I am very happy that so far your news is good and with continued prayers it keeps getting better.

Oh my Kay, I'm in tears for you all. My prayers for Tiny will continue.

I didn't see the other post but glad to read this one & see that things have improved for your little one. :aktion033: I hope she continues to recover. These situations are so stressful on the owners.

Thank you LORD for your help. Keep Tiny close to you while she recovers.

Latest posts

Back