Prayer request

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witts Mini Horse Ranch

Reaction score
She had a very bad stroke yesterday. She is at St Anthony Hospital in OKC. Please put Mary's Mother, Mary and family in your thoughts and prayers.

Healing prayers for Mary's Mom. Take care Mary both you, your Dad and your sis.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Yes Mary told me. Her mom and everyone is in my prayers!

Prayers for Mary's mom, Mary and the rest of the family.

Barbie

Thank You everybody, the prayers worked. They gave her a clot buster within the window of time that it would work and the effects of this stroke are almost all gone. She is still having a little trouble with her speech but the doctors think that is residual and will straighten out. I only wish this drug had been used when she had the last 2 strokes.

If you have never seen a stroke in progress and one of these drugs being used that works, please let me tell you what I saw with my own eyes.

Monday evening Mom and Dad had just eaten and were sitting at the table talking when Mom suddenly quit responding. My 93 year old father did so well, he immediately called my hubby and told him that Mom was having another stroke, then he called an ambulance. The ambulance had her at the hospital within 15 minutes of the stroke.

Her eyes were as far to the right as they could go and fixed, her mouth was open and the side of her face was drawn down. She could not raise her left arm.

The hospital did a CAT scan and confirmed a clot. The doctor explained the risks of giving the clot buster to us and we agreed that she needed the shot.

Within an hour of the shot, I was standing in the hall with Mom's younger sister and I was watching Mom when she suddenly focused on us in the hall and smiled! Within 20 minutes, she could move her arm and within a couple of hours, she was talking.

This is truly a miracle. She was transferred from our local hospital to OKC as soon as she was stabilized.

She is still in intensive care but her prognosis is very good. She had another CAT scan last night, it has to be done 24 hours after the drug is given and I have not heard the results yet.

If she continues to do well, she will be released Friday.

My mother is a survivor! She had 2 strokes in 2003 that affected her right side. In between the 2 strokes she had major abdominal surgery. She was in intensive care for nearly 3 months and in re-hab for over a month. She continued to make really good progress and then in 2007 she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After the breast surgery, she did very well.

My sister, my brother, and myself take care of her and my father (also a stroke survivor) so they can stay at home as much as possible. My brother had just gone to his house which is next door, when Mom had this stroke.

If you suspect someone is having a stroke, ask them to try to raise their hands above their head, smile, and say a simple sentence. If they are having a stroke, they cannot do these things. This little test may save someone's life.

The prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, keeping your momma in my good thoughts and prayers. She certainly has had a lot on her plate. I'm so glad she's doing well now.

Just read the thread about your Mother. So good to hear that she is making a good recovery. I'll keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so glad that your mother is recovering so well. It scared me when I first reading this thread because my church just lost one of our members to a stroke in June. They got him to the hospital fairly quickly but evidently not soon enough or the treatment wasn't effective.

Now we know where you get your strong will....will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so relieved to read that your mother got the care she needed :) Keep us posted as to how she is doing. I will keep her in my prayers and hope she is back home and doing well Friday.

Latest posts

Back