Practicing those driving skills again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
So I took my first official drive of the year yesterday. Just went down the roads and generally had a good time. He was very well behaved.

Today I tried to get pictures of the oh so well behaved horse and he wasn't going to behave. Towards the end he started to settle down, but he is throwing his head out on almost all the pics. I personally believe it was the wind, as it was fairly windy. Could also have been the other person standing in the field, but I have no idea.

This is just a general of how he is coming along. First show is May 3rd. He has a lot to learn and even more weight to lose.

P1010087.jpg

Country pleasure here we come

P1010102-1.jpg

P1010103-1.jpg

P1010104-1.jpg

I just thought this one looked cool

P1010108-1.jpg

Now we are starting to listen

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your first drive of the season
default_aktion033.gif
I'm very jealous cause I haven't been able to drive yet this season, hopefully soon
default_biggrin.png
It looks like you have quite a nice place to drive
default_biggrin.png

Hey Jamie! I haven't talked to you in so long!
default_cheers.gif

Anyway, Dealer is looking great for not being driven in a while! I am sure you will have him in shape in no time.. And I bet a lot of it is hair! My goodness, look at that beard.
default_biggrin.png

All right, Jamie! Just look at that little patoot! He is lookin' fine! Great job with him!

You must be having a balmy spell there in CO to only be wearing a windbreaker.

Now you need to show the picture of when you finished the drive, and he rolled his sweaty, furry body in the mud!

You both look as though you having a great time. Good luck at your May show. I think those four white feet always look nice driving.

Great Job!!

Glad to see that check's unhooked in the last few pics!
default_wink.png

Great Job!!

Glad to see that check's unhooked in the last few pics!
default_wink.png

I only leave it on at first to make sure he cant get his head down enough to buck just in case. Never had a problem though.

I am training him to drive NATURALLY no checks, weighted boots, bungee cords.

Had an official driving lesson and him and I both are learning to get up in the bridle and its working!

Now that is what I call a beard!!!!

Isn't it great getting back in the cart after some time off? Good luck at your first show.

Latest posts

Back