Pot Luck Luncheon At 2006 Shetland Congress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharron

Reaction score
To Each and Everyone attending this years Shetland Congress for the first time....First WELCOME, come have a blast, and LEARN what the Shetlands are all about.

Secondly, as a continuing tradition for 4 years now, the Shaw's of Fiddlestick Shetlands, (you all know Karen S she posts here often) and Wayne and I of Sharrway Farm and Transport, host a Pot Luck Luncheon on or about Noon the Thursday of the show. To be VERY honest, the response this year has been less than favorable! To the point that we are thinking of cancelling this event. if you would like to see it continue, please contact me with what dish you will be bringing. Even though the theme this year is Mexican, we will also need traditional dishes like Baked Beans, Hot Dogs, and all sorts of salads, tortilla shells both soft and hard for Taco's, shredden lettuce, chopped up tomatoes, shredded cheese, need some Spanish Rice, or Mexican rice dishes. desserts, fresh fruit salad or a dish from your part of the country that you think folks would like. Or if you need to pick up a dish to participate, there is a new Smuckers with a great variety of redimade food within 6 miles of the facility.

We already have a Cheese Tray of Wisconsin Cheeses, 50 DOZEN Tamales, 22 pounds of hamburg with taco seasoning, Mexican Casseroles, and a few other odds and ends, but need a LOT more dishes.

In the past it has been a wonderful place to relax, meet felow exhibitors, make new friends and eat a great variety of food. There is a lot of love and work that goes into hosting this event, and I personally would hate to see it discontinued due to lack of interest or response from those attending. The only price for admission is to bring a dish to participate. For those that absolutely can't bring a dish, we ask for a $5.00 donation to help cover the paper and plastic products that are supplied. For those that would like buy a dish to participate, there a very large store called Smuckers within 6 miles of the facility.

I hope my email box [email protected] is flooded with response, to be able to continue hosting this Luncheon for our fellow exhibitors....if not it has been fun while it lasted!

Sharron & Wayne Hinkle

Sharrway Farm & Transport

dang it this is the first year i cant come
default_sad.png

I know there are a lot of new people going to Congress this year. This is such a fun barn party!!! I hate to see this end as its a great way to meet your fellow exhibitors and relax. The food is always so good. Karen and Sharron go to a ton of work to do this so please email her with some side dishes
default_smile.png
You wont regret it!

Thanks for the support KayKay...darn wish you were going to be there to help again this year...you will be MISSED! Can't ya come just to visit????
default_yes.gif
:

im just so upset that i cant come! i havent missed one in 4 years. Of course it was easy to go when it was only 40 mins from my farm. I kept thinking of going because I usually help sandy grabow with the youth stuff (which i love) but I so hate driving in st louis traffic!! Im such a chicken about driving thru downtown. For sure I will be there next year.

are you getting any response to the pot luck?? Ive been telling everyone to email you!

Sharron,

Don't forget I'm bringing the "dogs"! But let me know if we cancell!

I just sent you an email of the dishes Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm will bring. Thanks for having the luncheon, it is so much fun! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back