Positive thoughts needed.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad Al is going to be OK, he sounds like he is a great friend. Sending good thoughts for the others involved in the accident.

I hope your friend is OK, my boyfriend has a towing company and that is my biggest fear! People do not pay attention, they don't want to be inconvenienced. It saddens me each month to read in the towing magazines of the towers killed or permanantly injured by careless or drunk drivers. :no:

Thinking good thoughts for your wonderful friend. So sorry to hear of the misfortune.
default_sad.png
Keep us posted.

He's doing better but getting a little concerned about getting a new truck or repairing the old one. He has two other trucks, but this was his "main" truck as it was bigger and newer.

Anyway, kinda irritated w/his wife as she's making him go out on calls/hassling him about working and it wasn't even 24 hours later. Sheesh.

Ms THE, I know, I have read some of the tow boards and of course I know pretty well what Al does and it scares me to think he's standing out next to lines of speeding traffic, sweeping up wreckage, or hooking up a disabled and then to think of the rubber-neckers that aren't concentrating on driving. Tell your bf to take care and I know that what those tow drivers do is a great thing o/wise the roads would be so clogged up w/junk/abandoneds and broken down cars.

default_smile.png

Liz

Kinda worried. Al's feeling winded/having trouble getting air. He sounded out of breath/stressed when I talked to him last.

Anyway...keep him in your thoughts just a little longer if you would. He's at the Dr. now.

Liz

Al sounds alot like my boyfriend, can't say no to people and puts other people in front of his health. Rob (my boyfriend) is sick as a dog right now due to the long hours he works and he is still on the go. He won't tell people no, last year he ended up with pnuemonia as he wouldn't rest when he had a simple cold (or just work a normal day). Towmen are definately a breed of there own. Tell Al to TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF FIRST! That is what insurance is for, he'll get a new truck or get his truck fixed and if he has to take a few days off to recover take them. Eventually the girls insurance company will have to pay him for loss of income. Like I tell Rob, take a break, if your dead you can't tow anyones vehicle!

Yep, we are trying to pound it into his head.

He sleeps odd hours sometimes doesn't get a full stretch b/c of the calls when he's on rotation (which is 7 days a week) and rarely delegates unless he just can't do two things at once.

Hopefully he will take this time and relax though he has a hard time doing it, it seems.

Hire another driver and/or rotate out a few days and SLEEP.

Liz

Latest posts

Back