Portable Fencing for Shows, etc

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl

Reaction score
I met someone who had hog/sheep panels that were mounted on the side of the trailer. They kind of clipped together and seemed pretty secure for minis. I am curious what works for you and can be handled by a single woman? I have an older stock trailer and would need to mount a bracket or something to hold any kind of panel system. Would love your input and ideas for the budget and safety conscious!

R & R Ranch Supply (SoCal) makes a great 4 panel system designed to be handled by one person. They own minis and (forgot his name) made these so his wife could use them at shows.

It pins together, they also make stall dividers and stall fronts for shows. We use the panels/stall dividers here as they're well made and easy to move about.

I don't believe they have a website, but this is there Tel #909-657-6584. They go to most of the major west coast shows (at least CA ones), but it's better to pre-order as he sells out.

goat panels

www.doublediamondtack.com

corral.jpg

Thanks for the ideas - does anyone have photos of how you mount them on your trailer?

R & R Ranch Supply (SoCal) makes a great 4 panel system designed to be handled by one person. They own minis and (forgot his name) made these so his wife could use them at shows.

It pins together, they also make stall dividers and stall fronts for shows. We use the panels/stall dividers here as they're well made and easy to move about.

I don't believe they have a website, but this is there Tel #909-657-6584. They go to most of the major west coast shows (at least CA ones), but it's better to pre-order as he sells out.
Michelle,

Can you post a picture of what you have from R & R Ranch Supply please????

I've done the (4) cattle panels with c snaps. The minis would NOT get out of it.

How big an area are you allowed to enclose at shows? You could get (2) 16' panels cut them in half and make a nice TALL enclosure, CHEAP. Should be able to strap them to the inside of the horse trailer too.

I have seen the mini panels hooked on eyebolts in the side of the trailer. Might want to check that they don't poke thru, maybe rubber caps on the ends?

I have seen the mini panels hooked on eyebolts in the side of the trailer. Might want to check that they don't poke thru, maybe rubber caps on the ends?

Do you mean the cattle panels? If so how big was the enclosure? I use bolt cutters to cut the panels in half and then file the points completely off.

We use the mini corral panels, also sized for goats and sheep, etc. I have seen them used inside a trailer for divider panels with an eyebolt. The side hooks hung on the eyebolt. I have also seen them at shows where the eyebolts were on either side of the trailer door, making a small corral for the horse so they would not have to stand tied or in the hot trailer. The panels were hooked on to the trailer, and then you could add panels to make any size wanted.

Here are my mini panels from R & R Ranch supply - I can put them up and take them down alone - although I prefer to have help! I had my local trailer shop custom make racks to hold them on the side of my trailer. I have 14 panels, which is enough to make 2 sets of 2 corrals, and more than enough to make a row of 4. They can also be configured to make a larger pen if I want. I love 'em!
default_wub.png
:

rig.jpg

corralpanels3.jpg

corralpanels2.jpg

I have tie rings for big and small horses and I use bungies or a rope tiedown to secure them.

Thank so much for the photos! At most shows/event I figure they would let me put up an 8 x 8' enclosure which is enough room for a day or two for a single mini I think.

Latest posts

Back