Mingus at the Evergreen show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mingus just keeps doing better :aktion033: Way to go!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Sounds like it was a great, fun show. And Mingus sounds like SUCH a ham! Hopefully, I'll get to meet him sometime soon.

Kari

Shari, the Oregon State Fair is in Salem, which is much closer than Spanaway...Perhaps 1-1/4 to 1-1.2 hours tops. It's the end of August/beginning of September, although I've yet to see the exact days...it's a great time, with a huge mini contingent. The Columbia County Fair horse show is Saturday, July 22nd, with halter classes first thing like the last show. Hope you can come!

Susanne,

Let me know when you get the Dates for the Oregon state Fair.

What time are you and Mingus's classes on the 22nd?

Shari,

The Columbia County Fair horse show starts at 8:30, with classes running consecutively.

Flash will be in classes 1 and 2, and Mingus will be in classes 4 and 6. Both will be in the Mini class, which will be class 11.

We should get the morning horse chores done by then. Will endeavor to try and make it since it is so close!
default_yes.gif
:

Well since it might be too much for me to try and take three horses w/noone but me and the boys (the little ones. Big one works weekends), I wil probably bring Kyan and Lark since Kyan is for sale and Lark MIGHT be again.

:D

Liz

OK, is the date of the Col. Co. fair show...July 21 or 22, because Susanne said it was Sat. July 22, but that's the 21st.... :lol:

Either way, I will be there to lend support (and handle horses if anyone needs it??)...I cant wait to see everyone again :aktion033: ...and go to this show (with no horses of my own, tho...boo hoo!
default_sad.png
)!!!

Let me know the details or someone PM me if they need me to show a horse!
default_wink.png
:

Now Linda,

I admit that I'm chronologically challenged, but both my calendar and the show premium book tell me that July 22 IS Saturday...

That's great that you can come...and I wouldn't be surprised if there are more horses than handlers!

Shari, if you want to bring Maggie or Theia, let me know and we'll figure something out for transportation...

OOPS!!
default_blush.png
:
default_blush.png
:
default_whistling.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: Hahahaha....OK, I truly am a dork!! :lol: I was looking at my "sidekick" calendar and for some reason it was set on July 2007 Duhhh....(sorry Susanne
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

Having my girls down with a cough turned out OK this past week end.

Michael and I had a chance to meet the LB-er's - except for the Crabby Chicken -

Darn... Someday Kim I will met you cause I just LOVE your farm name.

It makes me smile just saying it.

Probably if we'd been preparing to show I'd have been stressing..... this way

it was just fun to meet people, that you already feel you know so well, and be

able to put faces to names.

Suzanne, does the Columbia show have a premium or is it just a show up and

have fun thing? What time do minis show? Or maybe you could direct me to a

site, if that's a possibility or easier? Wondering if we'd have to leave here before

the crack of dawn, to get there on time?

I don't know for sure if the girls will be A-ok but it's something to

plan for, in case, they are..... pudgy little things that they are with no exercise for

the past month and pastures FULL of clover - the pudge is just piling on.

Actually, Michael and I have discussed the possiblility that, just maybe, they are

sandbagging us with this occasional, cough cough thing, just so they don't have to

do any work.....they are living the Life of Riley :lol:

It was great meeting you and Keith in person and see your handsome Mingus.

Wish we'd had a chance to come meet you when you were still by Mt Tabor.....

as I, too, feel that I've known you for awhile - there is just something familiar.

Really hope the girls are well enough to come to The Columbia!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lindal so you sold Poof! I sure hope he went to a good home. He seems to be the last foal Ariel will ever

have. I'm hoping to geld Jimmy in Sept and let him live a life of ease with his women. Of course with him there is always the chance of CDE he drives real nice. I'm so looking forward to seeing who is able to

show up for the Col Cnty Fair. It will be so much fun.

Nancy,

Here are two links to the Columbia County Fair Horse Show:

http://www.columbiacountyeventcomplex.com/ExhibitorInfo.asp

http://www.columbiacountyeventcomplex.com/...ook/OCHorse.pdf

The show starts at 8:30 (registration starts at 7:30), and the minis are the 11th class. Minis are also welcome to show in the open classes, including the 2 and under class.

They have stalls available for $15 plus a refundable $10 cleaning deposit, and you can check them in son Friday if that makes the early morning easier (the premium book goes into more detail).

I know that several people showing minis have said that theirs are quite well-fed (nice euphemism) and Flash, our two-year-old colt is rather round as well...so I wouldn't worry about that!

I sure hope you can make it...this will be fun!

Thanks for posting that, Suzanne.

I will be watching the girls closely to see if their cough keeps decreasing.....

Yesterday I was out with them, deweeding the pastures, and only heard ZuniTunes

cough once and Zena not at all, so that is an improvement from where we were last week.

Michael just checked the map and thinks we're maybe two and a half hours plus from there.

Is that about what it took you to come to Spanaway? We're less than a half hour from

Spanaway, so we're really spoiled for the proximity to shows held there.

LindaL, I may well need you to either hold horses outside the ring (I promise much less hair than at Boring), and possibly to handle one if you don't mind....

default_smile.png

I plan on bringing two, possibly three if I think I can manage it.

Liz

Liz.....Yay!!! :aktion033: I would be HAPPY to hold and/or show!! :bgrin (hmm...gotta dig out my show clothes.... :bgrin )

I really had a fun weekend! :aktion033: Mingus was really well behaved and travelled with no trouble in the trailer. As you can see from the pictures he is in really good condition and it shows. He is of a different style than what you usually see at the shows. He looks more 'old school' to me, like he is a reduced 1950's singing cowboy's mount or something. I dunno. Hard to describe. :lol: He looks great with a saddle on him. We'll have to dig up that photo of him with sporting one (the saddle that is, LOL).

There were several horses there that I would have liked to take home with me. I was especially awestruck by a mostly white pinto mare with blue eyes. I think I am a sucker for blue eyes.
default_smile.png

I was great meeting two new people from this board- Leia and Nancy; and seeing Liz, Mouse and her family again. Too bad we didn't get to meet Prince, huh Susanne? Susanne thinks Prince will be the perfect match for my SusieQ some day.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

My little custom mini horse trailer was a hit, receiving quite a few compliments and inquiries. It tows nicely behind my Ford Aerostar which just has a V-6. I was thinking that if there was a trailer class at the show, I might have placed.
default_rolleyes.gif
: But my little trailer was dwarfed by some of the rigs there. There were matching tractor-trailer fifth wheel rigs with trailers loaded with horses and many carts on top. Wow, some people REALLY take it seriously! :eek:

After the show I am pumped on learning to drive and training Lolly for that. It looks like so much fun. I don't think I'll try to compete at first. Those courses they lay out are waaay too hard. :eek: I'd just love to go up to Astoria and drive on the beach!

Oh yeah, the headlights. People- please give Susanne some flak for buying an expensive halter while her van's headlights are all out of whack and only shine about 15 feet ahead of the vehicle. No kidding. It's scary. I had the unfortunate experience of driving it home from Astoria at night and it was a white knuckle experience. C'mon Susanne. Get those fixed! We're talking life safety here. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Daryl, it as good meeting you, too.. You will LOVE my blue eyed girly girls.

if we get to come your way for this next show....
default_yes.gif
:

Seeing as you were the driver to this past show, do you remember how long

it took you to get to Spanaway, hauling.......?

Suzanne,

What a great post! I felt like I was there. (Well I have been where you were, only not there)
default_smile.png
It is great to meet people who truely love their horses, want to and do have fun with them.

Congrats on your wins! Great photo of Mingus with his young rider!

Beth

Latest posts

Back