Pony on Deal or no Deal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryrose

Reaction score
well, I was on the other channel( not an idol fan, sorry).

Did anyone else see the white pony they gave a little girl on Deal or No Deal.

Such a well mannered pony for all the applause and shouting. One very happy little girl.

I think that sort of thing is TOTALLY wrong- of course she was smiling, how many little girls do you know that would not be??

Does she have land??

A barn??

Does she even know how to keep a pony??

Live animals should be kept OUT of game shows. :no:

Her father was asked at the beginning what would he do with the money. He said he would buy his daughter a pony that's what she wanted. So with that in mind the show just didn't bring out a pony without full well knowing it's something they wanted.

I liked it and I actually got teary eyed.

Instead of taking the chance on more money he thought of his daughter.

I thought the same thing the pony(Jack?) was so well mannered.

The pony reminded me of my 34" mini named Merri. So of course, I loved it.
default_smile.png

I was amzed at how good the pony was too. Lotsa racket going on and he didn't move a muscle.

BUT, I thought it was pretty darned unfair of the show to do that. Who could possibly say "No Deal" in a case like that, when their daughter is looking at her dream standing in front of her. Dangling a special prize in front of an adult (like they did with the Hummer) is one thing. Do do it to a child is another. In my opinion, dad had no choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appylover - I am in FULL agreement -- the guy had NO CHOICE but to accept that deal. And he had $200k or was it $400k in his case -- oh well. It was a cute pony.

JJay

Yes it was a neat thing to do and such a nice pony at that. Just fantastically happy little girl. Wow how neat that was. Lucky girl.

Well you can bet if my Dad had done that for me at that age I would have never forgotten it and loved him even more. I dont know of any great father that would not sacrifice for his girl!

It was unfair but then that is showbiz! Yes, I do think they had the plans in place for care of the horse already as that was her dream.

Oh, I TiVo'd it and haven't gotten to see it yet...had to watch Idol! Now I'm glad it's recorded. :bgrin

Her father was asked at the beginning what would he do with the money. He said he would buy his daughter a pony that's what she wanted. So with that in mind the show just didn't bring out a pony without full well knowing it's something they wanted.

I liked it and I actually got teary eyed.

Instead of taking the chance on more money he thought of his daughter.

I thought the same thing the pony(Jack?) was so well mannered.

The pony reminded me of my 34" mini named Merri. So of course, I loved it.
default_smile.png

I got all weepy eyed too!! My husband just looked at me like I was daft....so what! It was sweet and what Daddy could possibly turn down a deal like that??
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back