Pony acting wierd

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallynoeBaby

Reaction score
Hi i am normally on the miniature forums but i have a problem with a pony and i don't know whats wrong. She is about 20 years old and has always been very lazy but today when i was at work i was told that she just kept running arround the paddock for about three hours. Firstly i thought this was an exageration from my sister them the field next door was being bailed so i thought this was the reason. When i went down there was a track arround the paddock which wasn't there before so she must have been running for some time then i saw a few flies and what looked like a bee arround her so i thought they were torturing her. I took her out and washed her as she was all sweaty and i groomed her but when i was picking her hoofs out they had this black oil colours discharge. This is on all four hoofs and it smells very bad.

I am quite worried about her, i am afriad that it is Laminitus. This is all that she is doing, she is not lame and does not seem to be cut or stamping her feet. All help will definitely be welcome.

Thank you

Muiread

the black stuff in the hooves and bad smell sounds like thrush. The good thing is thrush is easy to treat. Clean the hooves and apply coppertox according to label instructions.

I wonder if the bee was chasing her and thats why she was running?? sending good thoughts

Thanks KayKay now that you said that i read up abit and it is definately it. I was so worried but she shall be on Coppertox tomorrow and shall soon be a happy pony again. She stopped running tonight but i will check her again tomorrow. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back