pond guy is here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
:aktion033: So excited I have wanted a pond for training the dogs since we moved here 6 years ago and we just got a quote from one of our mennonite neighbours on Saturday, We gave him the go ahead and he said he would get back to us after they finished rebuilding a barn that burned down. Well they must have finished it yesterday because last night he called and asked if he could come today :bgrin So he has been here since about 9:30 this morning and he has the site nearly cleared of the brush, we are leaving the big trees in place then the digger thingy will come and dig it out. Then in the spring he will come back and landscape it for us, I can't wait. :risa8: :risa8: :new_multi: :new_multi: :488: :488: :cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006: Can you tell I am excited!!!!!!!!

Yvonne

Yvonne, can you ask him where the barn was that burnt down? Just wondering if it is near you or of he travelled quite a distance to help. The reason I ask is that a local (to me) Mennonite Farmer, the same guy I buy my hay from every year, lost his dairy barn and all his dairy cattle in a horrible barn fire early this Spring and they just got his up too. I know he travels to other areas to preach so would know people from all over the country. My curiosity just got the best of me.
default_wink.png
:

Good Luck with your new training pond! :aktion033:

Explain the training of dogs in the pond? Thanks
Hi Mary,

My dogs are retrievers so they have to be able to work in the water as well, we compete in retriever trials in Canada and the US, I also judge them and I teach some classes here as well to other retriever owners. So once our pond is operational I will be able to teach them concepts ie they are not supposed to cheat the water which means running the bank instead of swimming. It will be wonderful to have water right here instead of having to drive all the time.

Yvonne

Yvonne, can you ask him where the barn was that burnt down? Just wondering if it is near you or of he travelled quite a distance to help. The reason I ask is that a local (to me) Mennonite Farmer, the same guy I buy my hay from every year, lost his dairy barn and all his dairy cattle in a horrible barn fire early this Spring and they just got his up too. I know he travels to other areas to preach so would know people from all over the country. My curiosity just got the best of me.
default_wink.png
:

Good Luck with your new training pond! :aktion033:
Hi Mona, No it was a local farmer to us, I know because they have had fundraising in the community to help them out. It is always horrible when a barn burns, I remember a few years back when the barn at a racetrack burned and a lot of the horses perished, they kept putting the pictures on the news, I hated that, the poor horses looked awful. I am so paranoid about fire, I have no smoking signs posted on all of our barns and we have large fire extinguishers out there too. Even though my husband and I don't smoke you just never know what visitors will do. I cleared a teenager off my property (he was helping a neighbour farmer) and we caught him with a lit cigarette in the sheep barn where most of the hay is, I also told the farmer and told him that I never wanted to see that kid on my property again. We are friends with that farmer but he is welcome, the kid is not.

Thanks

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne. Yes, even the thought of a barn fire are always so awful, I cannot imagine living through one after your beloved animals have perished in it. :no:

Sounds like a lot of training, and work goes into your dogs. :aktion033:

Pictures when you are training next year...Don't forget
default_wink.png
:

Sounds like a lot of training, and work goes into your dogs. :aktion033:

Pictures when you are training next year...Don't forget
default_wink.png
:
Well I do have some from this year if you would like to see them :bgrin Plus we are holding a tracking seminar here on Oct 27th so I will for sure take pics that day :lol:

Yvonne

Now that's exciting and NEAT!!! Do you stock it with fish too? Yes please do post pics...I would love to see your dogs working.

I'm sorry to hear about the barn burning and the one Mona's talking about. That kind of thing is always so sad and makes your heart uneasy.

Now that's exciting and NEAT!!! Do you stock it with fish too? Yes please do post pics...I would love to see your dogs working.

I'm sorry to hear about the barn burning and the one Mona's talking about. That kind of thing is always so sad and makes your heart uneasy.
Hi Sterling I posted some pics of the dogs on another post in the back porsch :bgrin I think we are probably going to put some fish in to keep it clean and maybe install a windmill also. That will have to wait until it is finished next spring though.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back