Please share your barns with me! I am building a new one this spring and would love some ideas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whispering_Pines

Reaction score
I am going to build a new mini barn this summer and would love to see pictures of others barns for some ideas! We are building it 30x60 with a hay mow. We will have a small area that can be used for winter training/riding for our kiddos! I currently have 4 mini's with one on the way, so eventually 5. Give me some ideas as to what I SHOULD NOT GO WITHOUT when I build it! Please share your pictures! Thanks much!

Val

I have looked at so many pictures too! I could look at pictures for ever! Hopefully other post pictures, or weigh in on the must haves in a barn!

Do a search in LB, this topic comes up pretty regularly and there are lots of pictures and ideas on old threads.
default_smile.png

My short list of what I like best about the barn we built would include hot water and an enclosed wash/groom area, a wide aisle to drive through, plenty of electrical outlets for fans, clippers, etc and lots of ventilation. Stall dividers are Priefert panels so air flow is good.

Jan

Things I like about our barn;

bright

good ventilation

lots of storage above for hay and straw

hot water - really important

stall comfort mats

Thank you so much for sharing, we know we want a big mow, we are planning a room where you enter that will have like an animal "care area" this room will be heated, with a small couch just in case we need to spend the night out in the barn for some reason? Hot water, sink, ect. I am not sure how many stalls yet I want to make, I am thinking 8 or so. We also want a small arena to work with the little ones during the winter, and our winters get LONG! I would love some skylights for light, and good ventilation!

Mine is smaller and much simpler than what your planning but I love it! It is just what we need for our 2 minis and just enough for me to clean everyday!! I am so happy we used the heavy duty stall mats throughout. Windows on all sides with dutch doors in the front for great ventilation! Storage for hay, feed, tack, etc......Here is a few pictures!!

IMG_2961.JPGIMG_2962.JPGIMG_2963.JPGIMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPGIMG_2972.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back