Please Send Prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
I just got a call that one of our 5 yr old maiden mares is foaling right now. She is a small 28", but was vet checked as very roomy. We never have mares foal before 320 days and this mare is at 298 I believe. She has no bag and it's a dystocia. The vet is on the way, but I just want to cry. Not the way I wanted to start the foaling season. Please send prayers that the mare will make it through ok. That is all I ask for in these situations.

Prayers for your mare!
default_pray.gif
:pray

Sending prayers for your mare and your family. Unfortunately, these things happen, and we are faced with the realization that the foal is likely not going to make it, but we are always hoping and praying for our mares. Best wishes.

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Usually I am at the farm when these things happen and I can usually correct a dystocia myself or at least assess to know how bad it is. I am not there and my grandmother is in a cast and can't do it so what's getting me is that I have no idea what's going on other than it's a dystocia. I am a worrier to begin with...

Hope your mare is okay. Keep us informed. Sending prayers for you all.

Sending prayers for a happy ending and a safe mum and foal
default_pray.gif

Saying prayers, Amanda! Your post brings back my own memories of some scary times. I hope and pray all will be okay for your mare. Lots of people here on LB will be, I know!

Send thoughts and prayers your way. Praying for the best possible outcome.

The vet just left about 10 min ago. The mare is ok! We lost the foal-a tiny buckskin colt. The cord twisted more than a dozen times causing the colt to die in utero and premature labor. His back legs were forward, his front legs were back, and his head was back. The worst part was sorting the legs out-they were all in the same place. Thought we had it a few times only to have to push the foal back again and start over. My poor mare is just completely exhausted. Vet says that somehow there are no tears after all of that. This was a rough one. The first foal for our little 27.25" palomino LK Supreme Dream son. The colt was lovely, but I have a healthy mare and that's what matters. Thank youi all so much for the thoughts and prayers!

Oh I'm so sorry about the lost foal, that is just awful for you and the mare, hope she heals up fine. We've all had this horrable thing happen to us and the word alone strikes fear in our hearts. Hope the rest of your foaling year goes well. God Bless!

PHEW!!! I'm so sorry about the colt, but so happy for you that your mare is going to be okay!!!

Amanda, I just saw this! I'm so sorry about the lost foal but so grateful your mare is alive! I know how scary and terrifying that situation is. Please continue to keep a very close eye on your mare, as I'm sure you would anyway, and I'll keep her in my prayers for no lasting effects of this ordeal. Hugs to you!

Here's to the rest of your foaling season being full of safe foalings and healthy mares and babies!!!

I just got here. Whew! I'm SO glad your little mare is ok!

I'm sorry about the little colt. I bet he was a beauty.

Latest posts

Back