Please PRAY ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to read this Christine but later in the posts I see he is getting better so that's good. That sure was an unfortunate accident to happen. Keep us posted.

Joyce

Goodness gracious!
default_sad.png
I just saw this thread. Poor little guy, I sure hope he'll be ok. I'm so sorry.

EDITED: I just read further that he seems better. Thank goodness. Holding in prayers for continued healing.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear that happend to your colt, but glad he is doing better! :aktion033:

Will keep him in my prayers!

I sure hope the little guy is doing okay. I'm so sorry this happened to your precious little horse. These guys can get in trouble where you would least expect it. I'm praying for a successful outcome.

Hi Christine,

I too am sorry to hear about the little guy. I just want you to know that I have a 2 yr old filly that got a corneal ulcer from some sort of abrasion last year. We treated her aggressively, with a fluid pump delivering medication to her eye around the clock. Her cornea ruptured anyway, and she ended up loosing her eye. That was about 6 months ago. Today, I cant even tell she only has one eye. She is right in there with the rest of the herd, running, playing and eating. Just wanted you to know, that they do okay with one eye.........they adjust. I'm sure your guy will too!

Lori

Christine,

I see you found your little roan baby, then this has to happen.
default_sad.png
I am so sorry! I sure hope he continues to improve.

Rita

Depending on how his eye is doing, there are some veterinary opthamologists here in the Oklahoma City area. Also, an excellent veterinary surgical center, Oakridge, who just did surgery recently on a fillies' eye belonging to Viki here on the Forum. She was expecting the eye to have to be removed due to a bad corneal ulcer, but instead they were able to save the eye and it looks like she is going to heal with sight. Might be something to look into.

Hope he continues to improve!

Latest posts

Back