Please keep OK's little horses in your prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather changes quite fast in our area. I am in NW Arkansas. I hate to see your friend move if she will be moving this week. The ice/rain should be out of this area after Monday, however, the temps are going to be extremely cold. Here they are saying it will be 1 Wed. morning.

Pam

Billy G, how big of a generator do you have and what can you run with it? How do you water animals? Are you on a well?

Charlotte

Come on ThreeC......check in!

Our generator is a 6000 watt, we can run just about everything in the house, we have our own well which is one and a half horse. We just run it when our storage tank gets low. We have self waters for the horses. When I run the well I just leave the frig and deepr freeze on. We are careful not to run to many things at once. My wife said it is kind of like Green Acres was on TV.......Ready for Spring....
default_sad.png

Okay Charlotte and everyone, I'm checking in! No, I didn't lose power, I was just spending some time with my son. He's a little under the weather, so we're just hanging out, LOL.

I keep forgetting to take the camera outside with me.

I'm worried though, as my husband left home at 10 this morning (it is now 12:50) and he still isn't home. He forgot his cell phone. He took my 4 wheel drive truck, but still... He was just supposed to be running into Marlow, which is 7.5 miles away. Knowing him though, he decided to go on to Duncan or something, so even if I tried to send someone to check on him, I wouldn't know where to send them!!! I don't know why he didn't just stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures I took this morning. This is not snow, it is sleet. When we went out to feed this morning it was beginning to snow. When we started home, it had changed to rain so therefore we will have even more ice today. We haven't seen more than about 10 cars all day. The ones that were out this morning that we saw were at the grocery store.

It looks like we will have a bit of limb removal to do.

000_0110.jpg

000_0130.jpg

Gosh, you all stay safe in the storms path. We are getting day three of sleet and cold temps but not the depth of the ice MO & OK are getting. It sure is a mess all the way around.

We just drove from SW Arkansas last thursday and just missed a lot of bad weather on I40 W heading for Las Vegas. I feel so sorry for so many animals I saw standing in the snow in OK, one young horse in a pen with no shelter and was all by it's self. It was at a company, not at a ranch or someones home. I still want to go and take it home with me. The next day or 2 is when they were going to get lots of very bad weather. I just can't understand how or why some people are just so darn uncaring with these wonderful animals. It will be a cold day in he** when I would ever do that with one of mine. :no: I just can't get that poor young horse out of my mind. I pray you all have the worst of this weather behind you, and everything turned out good as can be expected in this ice and snow storm.

Lot of freezing rain and sleet here.SOOO cold but have power.I think the worst is over here,South central Ks.I pray for you folks in OK are making it.Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cold:

Good thoughts and prayers for everyone and their babies over in the deep freeze!

Hi Everybody,

Keeping you all in mind and wishing you and your Minis all the best from western NY ....

Has anyone heard from VaLynda Ann Black at Black Thunder in Broken Arrow, OK?? Didn't see any postings from her this morning as I perused these pages?

Will be wishing you all the best .....and hopefully some sunshine!

Cindy

Ice storm is gone now. Sun out today but it is bitter cold with a strong north wind and the wind chill in the single digits and lower. Now if our pipes don't freeze from the cold, we've got it made!
default_smile.png

:no: We will be praying for you all. We hope you all are okay. Maybe better weather is on its way. We live in Mississippi it has been in the 70's, but it is suppose to rain and get cold today or tonight down in the 30's. Mississippi weather goes back and forwards.

I look to see and look at the snow, but would not know what do to with snow during the winter.We are used to hot weather not snow.

take care

melissa

I'm absolutely speechless reading through this post. :no: Such horrible conditions. I can't imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.

The ice is just reaching Austin now. We got a much needed 4 1/2" of rain on Saturday morning! Had to load horses in a torential downpour to go to the County Youth Horse Show in San Marcos. A tornado hit thirty minutes before we got there, less than 1/2 mile from where we showed. The interstate was closed because of a power line sagging down across it.

It is raining now and temps just hit freezing so the ice will form throughout the day and is predicted for the next three days.

It's cold and nasty here, we've had lots of rain but so far no ice. It is predicted for today and tomorrow so we plan to stay close to home. Glad everyone north has fared okay so far - looks like you were hit pretty hard.

I went to the Katy performance show on Saturday, and hit the edge of this front driving home - by far the worst drive I've ever had to make with a trailer! It dropped from 78 to 38 in about 30 minutes and so much rain I could not see, was creeping at about 40 on the hwy. Lots of wrecks, lots of cars pulled off the road but I was afraid to stop and have someone rear end me so just kept plugging along and praying. Thankfully at that point it was not freezing.

My biggest issue now - assuming the power stays on - is our big mare who is due to foal in March. When I fed yesterday she was snotty and running a fever. She has shelter and a round bale, but I don't really have a place in the barn for her....and don't want to bring her up next to my little ready to foal mares. If it's not icy here today, she may go to the vet for a couple of days. I haven't had enough vet bills lately....
default_wacko.png
:

Stay safe everyone - sounds like the worst has passed you guys to the north.

Jan

Latest posts

Back