please help me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linda_H

Reaction score
We have dealt with so many negatives lately that I honestly thought I would lose it I did not know how much more I could take For a short run down for those who have not read earlier posts- here is how late 2005-early2006 have been :

My husband was diagnosed 2 weeks before Christmas with squamous cell cancer with no primary source so first part of 2006 was full of 5 surgeries, extensive radiation & high dose chemo he also eats with a feeding tube

My mother's cognitive status has declined and I am the respponsible sibling Thank good ness I only live 15 minutes awaybut it is so hard seeing her lose her faculties

My vehicle needed to be replaced and I have been out of work to care for my husband for months

My stepmonster decided that she was going to sell the family farm- it has been in the family since 1635- she "can't manage it anymore" mind you we have tried for years to have her let us take over the runing if it- no crops animals just upkeep!! so... although we were promised life time tenancy when we came here in 1992 to help my dad, now deceased, we have to move so she can get a fancy condo She pulled a fast one & had my dad sign it all over to her when he was incompetent 3 days before he died

Mind you- she told us right after Rick was diagnosed that she was selling!

to top it off, Ricks youngest brother was killed in a head on collision May 21 leqving a 7 yr old child who his ex wife is fighting to get custody of ( she is a real bad person)

To make a long story short the feelings I had for the farm are gone I just want to move into my own home again

I found a house that would be perfect in every way yes, even room for horses Now all depends on us getting enough $$ to relocate The family property is supposed to be priced at 3- 3 1/2 million

Basically it is her whim whether she gives us $$ or not

I had to start looking for houses to add a positive activity to my life I do not know if you can understand but all my thoughts & actions were about negatives I need to get a lawyer I know but I need all to send me very+++ vibes I honestly need something to go right Rick also needs some good happening also

When it rains it pours and yes you have been dealt a bad hand.

Most of us have our struggles. I don't know anyone that doesn't. My mom used to tell me it gets darkest before the dawn. I think that's right.

Usually when things get so overwhelming for me, I have learned to just stand back and try to blank things out and take a nap. Then, I start all over again and put things into perspective: things I can change, things I cannot change, and things I have to suck up and deal with.

Things I cannot change I accept and avoid and try not to dwell on it. I move on to what I can change. Then I act on it.

The things I have to suck up and deal with are things like my mother's alzeheimers. Sometimes you have to face things head on. You have no other choice.

You can't run, you can't hide. But you can cry and bang on walls and then pray for strength for you and yours.

I'm sorry I have no words of wisdom for you.

Wish I did, but join our prayer group here on Wednesday night.

When things get out of control I know I'm not alone because I have made a personal relationship with my Creator a long time ago and I do feel that I'm protected in many ways.

Linda

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I would if I were you, go find me a lawyer

and sue her for every penny you can get. In your dad's medical records was it recorded

that his mental status was declining? Can you get the proof you need to fight her? I would

talk to a lawyer. Yes, the lawyer will get a cut of it, but hey its worth the battle, not to let

her get all of it. I would fight her. She may decide to give you, your share of the money.

Sending prayers to you and your husband. Let us know what happens.

Linda, getting the prayers will help to. We ask everyone here on the forum to help us in

praying for my older brother who was havinag a life or death back surgery. The prayers

were in answered. He came through surgery, he is home and on the way to healing. So turn

to God for help too. He is so wonderful and he can help you through all of this. Join the prayer

group on Wed. too. I got to find out when, I want to join it too. Hang in there, and I will be praying

hard for you and your family.

Prayers and hugs

Vicky

default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry you've been dealt such a bad hand this year. Prayers coming to you and Rick that you will make through this and things will start looking up for you both soon. I know it is hard sometimes, but always remember "God will not press upon us more than we can bear". Keep your chin up and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers
default_pray.gif
:

Linda,

Sending you good thoughts and prayers. And yes, you definitely need a lawyer. If nothing else, once you get yourself a lawyer -- HER lawyer will probably warn her that your fighting it will drag things out for years and she would be better off sharing.

Wishing you all the best.

MA

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time right now.

When things seem to overwhelm me, I have a heart to heart with the Lord and tell him I'm putting it in His hands, that I'm turning it over to Him. It helps.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Linda you have definately had more than your share of grief this year. I hope things start improving for you. I'll add you and your family to my prayer list. And you should definately talk to a lawyer. Good luck!!

Warm happy thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

God helps those who help themselves, right? Consult an attorney, first thing Monday morning, and take some action.

I hope your situation improves, but it won't do it by itself. *hugs*

Stacye

I am so sorry Linda... :no:

You sound like a very strong Woman, I am in awe of your inner strength! I will be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way too, even a very strong woman, needs some peace and joy in her life to rejunvinate and balance her life!
default_wink.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt]Oh Linda, Wish I could do more than pray for you... but take heart and know that your Uno is happy and healthy and will be having 6 babies that we know of maybe 8 next year! You are going to be a grandma![/SIZE]

Sending happy thoughts and prayers your way.

Lyn

Lifting up in heart and prayers!

I thank you all for kind words I guess that is what I wanted to give me courage I hope I did not come across as a whiner- I am a fighter & have decided that June 1 2006 WAS going to be the start of some good positive happenings for us I also know it is not going to happen unless I help it along a bit So I took my mom sisiter & sisiter in law to see my "dream house" today & got the name of a good lawyer I have a call into my stepmonster's lawyer to meet with him to give him a figure & try to get something in writing

The good news today is that Rick is able to tolerate his feed through his tube with a pump - it delivers it at a super slow rate but he gets it all in & no problems with keeping it down YAYYYY

I think I have written here in the past about my semi psychic happenings - per ex: the dimes that show up all the time in strange places I believe are from my gram and stepfather ( guardian angels)

They have started again & a few other quirky things

I pulled up the web page of the house to look at it when we first found it on line & I could n't get it to close out I had to shut the computer down!

Then today I was pumping gas (UUUGGHH!) & I had no set figure just somewehere between 15-20dollars I just let the nozzle stop with out really looking at the numbers It stoppped 1996- the year this house was all redone

Maybe people think I read too much into things but it happens too much to be a coincidence

I do pray all the time & know if God thinks it is right it will happen

Back