Please have a look and see what you think

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalbank

Reaction score
Firstly my mare, Fashion was put to the stallion on 4th - 12th May 2008.

I've noticed this morning that she is acting a lot different to usual. I could see she'd nipped at her sides and also she's only walking a couple of paces before stopping and resting a hind leg. I often watch the foal inside moving, but today it's like she's getting an electric shock through her body.................could this be mini contractions? She's not interested in much this morning and has had a drink, but just picked at her food and then turned her nose up at it.

Two days ago her belly was a real V shape, but it's almost as if the foal has moved upward and backwards.

The trouble is she hardly has any udder development
default_wacko.png
. I have noticed a few threads on here where people have said their mares have developed an udder after foaling.

This will only be my second foal so I'd really like some experienced people to have a look.

30thMarch09058.jpg

It is really hard to tell from the one photo, but I say if she is acting different then normal watch her closely. From her service dates she could foal at any time. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back