Please give me advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choclat dreams

Reaction score
Oh guys! My maiden still has not foaled yet. She is now 390 or so days and really has not changed since my last post. I am really getting stressed out. I know that they can go long but could something be wrong with the baby? If they go list long what are the problems that the baby could have. Or am I just sleep deprived and maiden mare nervous! Just wanted someone to talk to thanks
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_unsure.png

Are you absolutely sure she is bred? Are you absolutely sure on the breeding date?

Andrea

I hand bred her thru one heat. She was ultra sounded in foal last year and then again about a month ago, just to be sure. The foal moves and she looks like she is pregnant.

Could you post a picture of her and of her udder?

Maybe she thinks she's an elephant!
default_smile.png
Wants to hang on to baby as long as possible. That kids gonna be a teen ager before it is born. Hang in there!

390 days is quite a long time. If it were me I would be checking with your vet if he ultra sounded her in foal and he is sure on the breeding dates I would think that he would be concerned with the foal getting to large at this point.

I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say Good Luck!!! Hang in there

390 days is quite a long time. If it were me I would be checking with your vet if he ultra sounded her in foal and he is sure on the breeding dates I would think that he would be concerned with the foal getting to large at this point.
My vet said that normally the foals are smaller the longer over they are. I had heard that even on this forum. But I do think I will have the vet out if she does not show any changes by later on in the week, just because I really dont know what else to do. I am worried the baby might have messed up legs or something from cooking to long, you know!
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_pray.gif

My vet said that normally the foals are smaller the longer over they are. I had heard that even on this forum. But I do think I will have the vet out if she does not show any changes by later on in the week, just because I really dont know what else to do. I am worried the baby might have messed up legs or something from cooking to long, you know!
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_pray.gif
I heard that, too, but my mare that went 368 had a HUGE colt! She is a larger mare than my other two who had TINY babies (all the same stallion), but the colt was still big for her. Had a leg stuck, I had to reposition it, then I had to help a little with the shoulders, but he and she are both ok (she was sore and bruised for awhile though!).

Hope all goes well with your mare!
default_smile.png

Jessi

My maiden girl went at 368 days and baby came out "just right". The waiting was hard for me, I can't imagine waiting as long as you have!

Would love to see pics. People on the forum are really nice about helping to post if you need some help.

I hope all goes well for you and your girl!

th_rain.jpg

th_rainat393days.jpg

th_rainect.jpg

I tried to get one of her udder but she is so dark that, and I am using my cell phone that none of them turned out. So these are probably not much help, I will tell you that she has a very small if any bag at all. I am having the vet out tomorrow, will let you know what happens then.

Latest posts

Back