Please Congratulate our Doofus of the Month Winner!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Time to Congratulate our Doofus of the Month of February. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: [/SIZE]

It's none other than our beloved Corrine from MeadowRidge Farm.
default_poke.gif
:

Seems like Corrine had one heck of a time feeding one day and she really deserves a round of applause for this barnyard blooper! :risa_suelos: :new_multi: :new_multi: :new_multi:

Corrine, pm me with your home address so I can send out your Doofus Award! :lol: Here's what she did: Enjoy!

[SIZE=12pt]It was a minus 20 or 30 degrees out. I brought EVERYONE in the barn, doubled up, so they would all stay nice and cozy. Had to clean out 2 stalls I had been using for feed, straw, hay, and the other for buckets, barn shovels, forks, etc, I moved everything out into my normally clean uncluttered aisle, well. while I was mixing the grain-beet pulp, I stepped back and tripped over a pail of already mixed grain-b.pulp, so that got spilled all over the floor, and down I went. While I was getting up, I got my foot caught into a hay rack--which obviously hadnt been put up yet! and was just about up from my first klutzy fall, and down I went a second time, and boy--not only is cement cold, but darn HARD. [/SIZE]

Got finished and headed out to our second barn. The path that Bob plowed for me with the skidsteer was now a ice path..and guess what I was carrying..YUP- a 5 gal bucket of water, a pail, about 2 1/2 gallons of grain and sloppy beet pulp, and my pooper scooper fork, and you guessed it... down I went again!!!! Water dumped all over me, and the grain mix went flying in every direction, but most of it found its way to land on me. Talk about freezing!!! I looked like a frozen chunk of ice complete with grain and beet pulp mixed in. Was I a mess, and my long hair..well..thank God we didnt have anyone over at this time! Got to love this weather and ice!

Corinne

This has a slightly Laurel and Hardy flavor to it...hmmm, should we make a movie?? :lol:

Kim R.

Oh I could feel every slip and fall.

[SIZE=18pt]I feel your pain![/SIZE]

Congratulations and hope you are okay, what a day for you.

Congratulations

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Vicky

Oh my! :aktion033: Congrats! :lol:

I hope you were not hurt.

Thanks, this must be my lucky day..Since I have never won anything in my life, and today not only did I get the dufus of the month award, but also just got notice I won the SmoothEz contest for Feb. Maybe I should go and buy a lottery ticket today!! Nope--didnt get hurt, physically, but the pride sure did!! Only ended up with one good black and blue mark, and I wont even say where! :bgrin But I did learn one thing...when you get old (er)the ground and cement get alot harder, :bgrin I just dont remember the ground or cement being that hard when I was a kid :bgrin and I really dont think it could be the fact that I have packed on all these pounds....hmmm, maybe thats it..I just PLOP down I dont BOUNCE down anymore!! Thanks again, and Marty..I will be sending you my address.
default_smile.png
Corinne

Congratulations Corinne! :aktion033: :risa8: Glad you were not hurt. Now when you do chores today - BE CAREFULL - we have lots more ice and snow out there!
default_whistling.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Lori

Aww..poor Corinne!

Here's hoping that never happens ever again!

Liz M.

WOW what a fun day at the barn, but look on the bright side, 10 years from now this will be one one of the good lod days .

Congratulations,

I am glad that you didn't get seriously hurt.

Latest posts

Back